Isiden Halfhand

Started by Hierophant, February 03, 2020, 01:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

I took so many screenshots on Isiden, he was a blast to play. I made him with the sole idea of three things; he was gonna use unravel (a lot), he was gonna slowly go mad and he was going to eventually go out with a bang. That bang wasn't exactly what I imagined at first but it was still so much fun to play through. He stopped unravelling the world when he joined the Groatcloaks, but he was secretly plotting with his men to perform a large ritual of unravelling soon.

He lost a hand to the Arbiters for seamstry.

[hide][/hide]

He made a brother-in-arms of a man he once thought a monster.

[hide]
[/hide]

He ended up leading a company he never really asked for, but did his best to lead. They were family.

[hide][/hide]

In service to Tchamorrar, he received a rather interesting gift.
[hide]
[/hide]

And on his death, Isiden's journal is found and made public. He is not a hero. He was a bit mad, really. But he never backed down from his word. He was honest to a fault. He was never quiet about unraveling seams. He accepted who he was.

He died in Ticker Square, confused and frantic, to the feared minotaur of the Adamantine Vault after trying to set Vladislav Orza on fire. The end.

[hide]

[/hide]

Shout out to the Orzan PCs for a very interesting and fair conflict, to all the Groatcloak boys and Ticker PCs who made this a blast, to Richord for the arc with the Count, to Baddington Bear for that amazing bromance with Maruthas, some of my favourite moments, to Kaed for reeling me into his schemes at a vulnerable time for Isiden, his hand being chopped off by the Arbitration. This is truthfully the first real PC I've played here from start to finish and really dedicated time and thought into, even when I felt like I was losing touch with the concept, I kept going and awesome things kept happening. It's been a lot of fun. Cheers!
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

KaedweniKnight

Impactful character, loved Isiden. His madness was spreading, eventually - if the Orzan blades wouldn't get us, it would've been his madness. I loved the character, 10/10 would promote to Captain again.

Aethereal

Good show, Hierophant. Isiden was definitely your first real wizard and a character who made sense in his own mad way. I very much enjoyed reading his journal entries and guiding him along in a quiet, distant way.

Sweet magic staff too. The best part is usually the description though, if you had a shot of that to share it would be appreciated!
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Canadianloki

Man 10/10 for this character. After watching in stealth as the arbiter cut your hand off, that would forever change how i view this character and make me join the groatcloaks and have this roller coaster of a story play out

Last Cold Tome

Kudos on how you embraced Isiden's mutilation at the hands of the Arbiters, instead of giving up or retiring the PC as some might have done. Great work!

Richørd

gud PC , had more impact than poor county Count who went out for the count

hoping to see more awesomeness from your next PC