[Letters to the Legates]

Started by Runic, March 27, 2024, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

[Two letters, each delivered by a fat and haughty hen. She takes a piece of food from each sitting Legate, looks down her beak at them, and leaves.]

Legates Saenus and Shabani,

Though the Tower has raised objections to even placing forward a name for Warmaster, I will be placing mine into contention for the position. Please see the below points:

Technology - I have been feeding the engines of progress for many months now in preparation. Warning of the times of war. I have armed the Legion with Siegecraft, armored our citizens with trinkets and baubles to aid in their ways, and delivered project ideas and ideations to yourselves. Technology will be needed to win this war, and not leave us expended for the Melek or Qa'im to strike.

Reputation - I have at least garnered a well-respected reputation. Be it from my publication of Aspectral Affinity, my work to improve craft, or my free services offered for but the dust from the prisms used. My recent death and renewal, while jarring, is at least testament that even death cannot prevent me from defending Ephia's Well in her time of need.

Vision - War requires many viewpoints. That of a frontline combatant. That of a tactical game-player. That of an eagle-eyed observer. I have been on raids to the Thousand Clans, I have inspected how their weapons impacted their victims. I have been injured within their forts myself. Many eyes are needed, and I would not turn away those with experience to aid in the war effort. It is a solid foundation that supports a home, and it can only be solidified when all facets work in tandem and rely on each other.

I would humbly implore for a more in-depth interview if you consider me for the position.
Zain al-Saiba
Nadiri of the Tower of Q'tolip