[Letter to Vultu]

Started by merrychase, April 16, 2023, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merrychase

Vultu,

It was a pleasure to meet you and talk about your research into transmutation. As requested, I have highlighted for you some products and things the Guild can produce that may aid in your future research.

-Bernadette Valentini

Enclosed:
[hide]

| Product Name || Description |
Green Gas Grenade Denoates into a cloud of green toxic gas, casuing nauseau and sneezing fits
Exploding Gas Grenade Extremely volatile substance that when exposed to air produces a concusive force
Hallucengic Incense Fast expanding colorful incense that causes mind altering effects
Soothing PerfumePleasant perfume that calms and soothes any who smell it
Blue DeathProduces heavy blue gas that causes significant drousyness and weakening of will
Crackling IncenseGas produces blinding and stinging to the eyes
Vanishing IncenseProduces cloud that hides user and those nearby for a brief time
SymbioteFungus that when spread over armor hardens into a flexible but useful reinforcement
Carnivorous VinesFast acting toxin that paralyzes animals
Curative PlantPotted plant whose resin has curative effects. Regenerates everyday
Creeper ChokerAspected collar with signifcant and permant ward against acids.
Grenneth's PoulticePortable bag of minor healing items
Gellemede's StoneStone imbued with inky essence of shadow, capable of extinguishing, absorbing light
Tranquil PaintLight aromatic oil capable of calming the mind
Earth Tone PaintThick paint of naturally occurring colors to assist in hunting and stalking
Fanatic's War PaintOily substance with a magical scent that inhibits the feeling of fear
False Speed PotionPranksters speed potion
Gigglespore15 spores releasing a poision that causes laughing fits
Frostweed spore75 spores that cause temperature to drop to freezing levels briefly
Weavemunch5 spores that are derived from magic eater essence
Infested Spores3 bunches of dormant maggots that burrow on impact
Wildcat TotemCougar skull granting feline grace
Undersea Fish TotemPerserved Fish that when squeezed can fill a man's lung with fresh air. Popular among pearl divers
Bear TotemA heavy bear skull that can significantly enchant a hunter's companion animal
Snake TotemCobra skull capable of 5 potent poisoning rituals
Spiteful WandFearsome bone wand that curses your foes
Jar of BloodImbibing this frothing blood will enrage the drinker. Good for 5 used.
Synthetic Wyvern BloodA vial of synthetic wyvern blood
Synthetic Dragon's BloodA vial of synthetic dragon blood
Featherweight BedrollSomething to lighten the load of any pack
Featherweight CauldronEssential for any brewer
Springing BootsLarge springs capable of leaping a single great bound
Tiny Power CoreStores enough electrical energy for three small shocks
Metal Spikesbag of shrapnel to cover the floor and create minor obstacle
Incendiary DeviceMinor explosive device
Flintlock pistolA handheld cannon capable of reliable shooting of bullets
Booming BoltA single bolt capable of knocking many foes over on impact
Bundle of Spark Arrows50 charged arrows delivering a shock to foes on impact
Bundle of Spark bolts50 charged bolts delivering a shock to foes on impact
Stink bomb bullets3 small casings exploding into green gas. Sling launched
Combat Grapple GunLightweight utility gun, capable of firing grapnel and other bolts
Repeating BallistaCrew served weapon capable of rapidly firing bolts
CatapultCrew served weapon capable of launching large rocks and other payloads
Catapult Ammo, ShrapenlExploding ordnance fragmenting for the catapult
Cartographer's ToolsSet of compasses, templates and tools for marking and making maps
Flashpowder2 bags that rapidly expand into blinding light when thrown
Thunderstone2 fragile shells that release deafening clap when shattered
Wall of KnivesDevastating thrown obstacle of protruding spikes
Vanishing SmokeThrown smoke screen for making escapes
Magic DisrupterThrown shell that releasing abjuring powder which consumes magic it contacts
Acid BombPotent cannister of caustic liquid, capable of melting armor and flesh
Steam CompressorSmall moving engine capable of rotational movement. When overcharged, produces toxic cloud
FlamethrowerShoulder worn pack capable of burning large groups. Fuel provided for two dozen discharges
Energized Wire Clusterightly wound with wire and magnets, explodes into arcing sphere when broken
Paralyzing BladeBlade carrying a single large charge capable of immobilizing a foe
Oil BarrelLarge cannister of oil. Useful for creating oil obstacle
Earthquake MachineDevice when placed on ground delivers large vibration capable of knocking foes to the ground. Springs good for three deployments
Light Focusing LensHand held lens capable of gathering light into a single searing bolt
Minor Cold Frost Traps3 victim operated frost traps
Minor Sound Traps3 victim operated sonic traps
Enormous Purple CrystalLiving crystal capable of incredible critical life saving and restorative cures
Compressed Positive EnergyCrystal shaped into wand of powerful searing evocation. Holding about 5 uses.
Blood clotSynthetic tissue capable of self-clotting
Massive Fey Blood CrystalDistilled pixie and grig blood, crystalized. Capable of minor healing
Lash of SaumarNovelty whip for use in animal taming or for adults.
Gem of AirConjures a faithful elemental of air
Potion of LevitationImbiber is capable of controlled flight for a few seconds
Thunderous TrumpetWhen blown produces burst of sound capable of stunning foes in a given direction
Storm Lightning Bolts3 bolts that can produce a racing arc on impact
Ice Plate ArmorEntire full suit of armor fashioned from disspating ice, protects against cold. Capable of numbing freezing cold to foes. Melts in 30 minutes in contact with skin
Ice MantleAspected cloak coated with potent and permanent alchemical treatment protecting against frost.
Everlasting Ice CubsIce cubes that will never melt, small enough to be used in beverages
Red Reaper RodPotent rod capable of three soul punishing curses
Chalice of BigotryFearsome chalice that when imbided causes a painful aura to surrond the drinker. 5 uses.
Blind EyeWicked eye that is capable of blinding five foes
Hellion's FacadeA fabricated yet delicate mask made to effect a cruel and intimdating appearance. Capable of powerful ennervation magic.
Synthetic GarnetDazzling garnet almost indistinguishable from naturally forming
Bottled MudmanA mudman in a bottle. Good for children
Steam Mephit in a BottleLoyal steam mephit will follow the user for entire day
Cleansing SteamReleases jet of steam that dispels lesser magics
CindermistPotent trapped steam and fire useful for scalding foes
Gloomrock5 inky stones capable of absorbing light
Shadowy RodObsidian tipped wand capable of potent rays of negative energy
Morally Lacking MuffinTray of half dozen muffins lacking moral character
Almost Endless PipeSynthetic mizzar pipe
Actual Endless PipeSynthetic mizzar pipe, everlasting
SmokeringsSmall bands embued with smoke that assist in many tasks for nimble hands
Stinking Smoke VesselTank with nozzle worn on back capable of fumigating large areas.
Trapped FireballFireball trapped one breathe before exploding. Can be released with a word
Fire Protection PotionProtects the imbiber from flames for a minute
Sune's Ruby Hair GelA fine styling gel to be worn in the hair. Aphrodisiac.
Greater Elemental GemAdvanced conjuring focus capable of summoning faithful elemental servants to be selected by the user
Unstable clumpsSling launched clumps capable of minor flashes that produce burns. Bundle of 50
Fire GemConjurers faithful fire elemental
Candle of Fiery FlameFast burning candle capable of cone of flame when lit
Basalt CurioFive fragment basalt pieces the produce minor burning effects
Writ of ProcendendoWrit attuned to the higher plane of order capable of potent hastening magic far beyond the usual bottled type.
Pure Bright ElixirFabled alchemist's elixir thought to be a precousor to life giving products
Alchemical Ioun Stone of StrengthImitation of the true ioun stone, still capable of lasting strenght magic beyond the usual transmutations
Infant FormulaNourishing synthetic breast milk
Antiseptic OintmentPotent prophylactic ointment against disease and poision. Five doses
Denharil's OilOil for sealing wounds, 3 doses per bottle

[/hide]

Haer Dalis 83

Bernadette,

allow me first of all to thank you for your letter, very exhaustive and competent, and as you can imagine enormously appreciated.

As I have already mentioned in person, my studies focus on the permanence of alterative transmutations, and on its side effects. What I focus on are complex practices, and often it is the body itself that presents the greatest obstacle. Reality is already intransigent towards changes, and even more so is the human body, which often responds by rejecting change rather than welcoming it. One of the focuses of the research on the permanence of alterative transmutations is to make the body more welcoming towards the aforementioned alterations.

To this end, I would like to start by studying the effect of some substances from your list, to better understand how they interact with the human body. I am referring to the hallucenogenic incense and the blue death. In fact, it is my hope that they can have a numbling effect on those functions of the human body that are responsible for stimulating rejection.

In this regard, I will need at least a dozen doses of incense, and some blue death, intended to facilitate the work of the incense itself. Answer me here or tell me the time and place where we can meet to discuss it.

Vultu

merrychase

Vultu,

The guild shall be delighted to fulfill your order and advance your research. Enclosed you will find an invoice, and we will begin manufacture immediately.

-Bernadette Valentini

Invoice

| Product Name || Description || Rate || QTY || Total |
Hallucinogenic Incense      Fast expanding colorful incense that causes mind altering effects     30 12360
Blue DeathProduces heavy blue gas that causes significant drowsiness and weakening of will     180 2360
TOTAL     720

Haer Dalis 83

Bernadette,

I've heard, only at a distance, of some disagreements between the Guild and the Tower, but I've also had the pleasure of hearing that an agreement is in place or, if not already in place, at least under consideration. I hope this matter will not hinder our cooperation, and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do.

Please let me know, regarding the order you were talking about, who in your guild could deliver it and to whom I could deliver the requested payment. I am, as you can imagine, eager to begin my research.

- Vultu

merrychase

Vultu,

I have already seen the order fulfilled (the difficult parts at least, the rest is a simple matter of minutes) and carry them on my person, awaiting delivery to you whenever next we can meet.

-Bernadette Valentini