[A wax sealed scroll left for Estellise]

Started by crestfallen, April 24, 2024, 07:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crestfallen

Hello,

I most certainly did not forget about the correspondence. The gnomings simply demanded the bulk of my focus and attention. As a fellow Witch, you can no doubt understand and appreciate the perils that come from trafficking with the unknown and the unscrutable.

I have, I confess, a great many misgivings about this expedition. The result of a great many voices saying a great many things about the importance and significance of all this. Still, it has to be done, I feel. If not to ensure that the Meteor's horror is kept in check, then at least to ensure that Mae has a chance to make things right in the eyes of the general public.

But I refuse to have that twit of a Nadiri along on this business. She has, time and time again, proven herself to be fickle in the most odious of ways, and unreliable to an extreme. Zol Nur will have to suffice here, as well as Mae, assuming that she is not going to change her mind.

All of this has, indirectly, given me a newfound appreciation for Colmes. Having to manage logistics is a hellish experience. It is, to me, what writing essays is to you.

But yes, details and whatnot shall be passed on after our return. In the exceedingly slim chance that this does not come to pass, I would like you to ensure that not a single We will return. Everything will be fine.

How much would you, theoretically, pay the Banda to throw someone down a flight of stairs?

Regards,
Naelin

cmenden

Dear Naelin,

I am glad you returned safely and generally agree with your points here.

Mae's presence was imperative, and while I believe Ashley could have proven useful, I understand the heights these tensions have reached.

That said, she is working to solve the problem now, so all is well and all we may see an improvement in cure distribution shortly.

To throw someone down a flight of stairs, it would depend on how mad I am at the person. Likely I would pay up to 1000 dinars for such a service, and the wretched Banda Rossa would depend between 10000 and 15000.

I am confident at this point that their high prices are to ensure they never do any work.

After all, why should they care to get contracts when the Rose idiotically gives them the largest portion of their Allotment?

Regards,
Estellise

crestfallen

Hello,

I most certainly did not forget this time either. Exhaustion simply snuck up on me.

Returning alive and safe is, as ever, a good thing. I do not know if I will have it in me to ever return to that place again, though. The sight of that woman melting in front of us was quite unpleasant. Though I imagine it must have been far worse for her.

I wish the Nadiri well with her work. She did, and still does, irritate me considerably, but even I can acknowledge good works when I see them. Another Cure, or some manner of protection will do us a world of good. Hopefully, she does not implode somehow.

Zol Nur went on an interesting little trip with us and a few others not long ago. You should read his report on it all if you have not done so already. It was most exciting, but also incredibly vexing for me, personally. It is yet another experience that I cannot freely speak of to others, and the storytelling is half the fun.

I am, after all, my father's daughter. Storytelling is in our blood.

Do you remember much of your own parents, incidentally? What were they like? Also, how is Mae faring? I cannot seem to find her for a chat these days.

Regards,
Naelin

cmenden

Dear Naelin,

I read the report and while it sounds interesting, it is precisely the sort of thing I leave to others, for it is entirely outside my interests or expertise.

My parentage is somewhat of a complicated matter. I was adopted by the Empress, as I've mentioned, along with others of merit from all over the Empire.

I left my birth parents at a young age. As anyone would be, they were honored that their progeny had been so gifted. It reflected well upon them as well and presumably made them the envy of their community.

Still, I sometimes wonder which of my own traits came from one parent or the other. I think it'd be impossible not to.

Mae is presumably fine, but I've also found her difficult to find lately. Might I recommend utilizing the bellows? She showed up to meet with that wretch Elias.

That's the last time I was able to find her too.

Regards,
Estellise