Remove Paralysis/Potion of Liberty.

Started by BrittanyPanthas, August 14, 2009, 01:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrittanyPanthas

I would suggest that Remove Paralysis/Potion of Liberty work as an AoE spell.

Currently the spell does not seem to work when cast upon others, the potion definitely does not work AoE, and the potion cannot be used(Of course), while paralyzed.

That makes Potions of Liberty quite useless, and even the spell to be just as useless since it does not seem to work when cast upon others.

Pup

The problem is the base casting lvl.  It affects 1 creature/4 casting lvls, but is a base lvl 2 spell.  Making it useless as a potion essentially.

Definitely needs to be changed or removed.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

FleetingHeart

Or just scripted special, like the protection against chaos and law potions.

Egon the Monkey

QuoteThat makes Potions of Liberty quite useless, and even the spell to be just as useless since it does not seem to work when cast upon others.
The spell is not. Just aim it at the paralyzed guy. I've used remove para enough times to know it works, and i keep remove para totems hotkeyed on any PC who has one. If it didn't for you, did you use it as an AoE and miss or something?

Actually, it should work as a potion, as it should only count the paralyzed guy near you as Person One. Remove Fear is also a L2 potion, and works fine.

TheImpossibleDream

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;140690The spell is not. Just aim it at the paralyzed guy. I've used remove para enough times to know it works, and i keep remove para totems hotkeyed on any PC who has one. If it didn't for you, did you use it as an AoE and miss or something?

Actually, it should work as a potion, as it should only count the paralyzed guy near you as Person One. Remove Fear is also a L2 potion, and works fine.

I think the problem is with the recent changes. Have you done it since the party update?

Egon the Monkey

I don't think so. Good point.

BrittanyPanthas

I believe the recent changes are what did it, given that I recently was paralyzed during a quest.  A remove paralysis item was used on me, and did nothing.

The potion only counts the person drinking it given the low caster level, and leaves actual paralyzed people hanging.  That was the case even before the party changes.