Custom PRCs

Started by Kotenku, August 14, 2009, 10:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotenku

Because ScottyB apparently needs a detailed explanation, I shall provide as best I can:

I have the Custom PrC override, and in single-player, the Archaeologist (barracks) PrC works perfectly. the class can be taken, and there are no issues at all in its implementation. Spell progression, skill adjustments and feat additions all appear to work as intended. However, the class cannot be taken on the EFUA server.
It was initially suspected that the reason the class couldn't be taken was because there was no tool to flag characters for the PrC.
Secutor allowed me to take the class in singleplayer, send him the character file, and he uploaded the new, levelled character file to my server vault. On the left pane, my class fields read x/y/Archaeologists Barracks, but when selected, in the right field, read x/y. I checked the feats page and had the Skill Focuses that come with the PrC, but not the PrC itself. I was able to log in without the character being called corrupted by the server or anything like that , but the character file was nevertheless reverted to the natural file.
The suspicion as of that point was that it was because I wasn't flagged server-side for the PrC (which I know is the incorrect assumption.)

A few days later, the tool to flag people for PrCs was added, and I was flagged, but still could not take the PrC.

It seems that the server simply doesn't have the necessary overrides installed to allow the Custom PrCs to be taken.

Meldread

That's because Mort removed the overrides so that Zhong could take Weapon Master. >_>

PrC's from my understanding are wayyyyyyyyyyyy bugged.

EDIT TO ADD:  I've been told that all the PrC's are bugged.  Zhong is leveling up in the standard version of Weapon Master, not the beefed up version made for EfU:A.  Zhong was flagged for Weapon Master but couldn't take it.

We tried it with the overrides on both my PC and on the server, without the overrides on my PC, and finally it only worked after the overrides were removed from my PC and the server.

putrid_plum

My PRC seems to be working just fine.

ScottyB

It seems that I will have to properly remove the modified PRCs (weapon master, divine champion, and any others we altered) and re-add the custom Archaeologist PRC.

NWN does not seem to like hakless changes to PRCs, but since Archaeologist doesn't have a BioWare standard version it should be fine when I get around to working on it.

FleetingHeart

Wouldn't it be possible to simply add in custom versions of the changed prcs? Such that both would exist simultaneously, but one would be forever locked out.

ScottyB

That was the way I did it the first time, but then we discovered Weapon Master and Divine Champion have feats which only work for classes in their indexes (hardcoded).

TheWastesAreFrozen

One thing I've noticed in the single player with the divine champion class is that lay on hands heals for 0 HP since it's not actually a divine champion.

FleetingHeart

Quote from: ScottyB;140804That was the way I did it the first time, but then we discovered Weapon Master and Divine Champion have feats which only work for classes in their indexes (hardcoded).

Ah, that's crappy. I guess recreating those feats would be difficult or impossible too?

J.C.

And the Weapon Master PrC says that your not using the specific weapon for Weapon Master so Kii attack does not even work.