Arena Cards - Prestige Points Rewards

Started by Richørd, October 23, 2019, 09:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richørd

Hello there,

I've noticed a disparity between the prestige points you recieve on turning cards in, one that makes no sense to me in a lot of cases.

Certain cards giving you less prestige makes sense as they might be tough fights but who'd want to, for example, collect the card of a Piter priest? Him giving you less prestige is something I can see making sense, totally.

Today, after handing in the cards of Thaumaturge Alessio (member of House Nephezar, 25 points) , The Tiger's Flame (literal demon-wares peddler and renowned fighter of the arena, 25 points) and Lady Sunspyre (old noble mage-lady, 100 points), I realized this again.
Could some of the prestige rewards perhaps be looked at and get an adjustment for those of us that don't want to collect 50+ cards to create a full set?

Arslefjun

Adjusted how? You want them to pay more, or less?

Richørd

Some more, some less. All in all I'd suggest to simply have a look at the cards again.

I don't know what exactly the noblemen of House Velstra (for example) do with these cards after my character hands them in. Do they make poker sets out of them? Perhaps they scribble numeric values on the cards and use them to play a Yugi-Oh-esque  card game where the cards battle eachother? I have no clue.

All I'm saying is that it some cards make little sense in how much or how little prestige they give you. When I play the game and interact with the world I'm trying to look at things from both a OOCly based balancing way and an IC based "what would make sense?" way.

Arslefjun

All gladiators are different. One that may seem very easy for one character to defeat may be very difficult for another.
I still don't understand what you mean? If there are specific cards that seems to pay too little or too much you can PM it to me to avoid spoilers here.

Richørd

Oh, no worries. I will not name any other specific cards to avoid spoilers and all such!

But to say it as clear as I can :
The prestige point rewards for handing in cards feel like RNG, some really tough fighters bring you barely any prestige when you hand their card in. And others that were quite easy, like a fight against a mage where I only had to rush them down and land two hits to get them stuck in the healing potion loop, got me an easy 150 on winning the fight and then another 100 when handing their card in.

Again, my simple suggestion is to have another look at the difficulty of the fights, see how "renowned" those fighters are and then maybe adjust the reward for handing the cards in with those two factors in mind!

(Sidenote : The gladiatorial system is well done and I am not dissing it in any way, I simply felt like the rewards were a bit out of whack in some points!)