Change Mad Berserker barbarian perk from Blindness to Confusion

Started by Decimate_The_Weak, September 14, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decimate_The_Weak

As it stands I don't think that Blindness adequately captures the feel of a berserker on the field. Being blind with rage doesn't imply one can't see but instead "sees red", going into a terrifying frenzy and unrestrained anger and chaos that even his friends might be swatted out of the way.

I would propose that Blindness be swapped with Confusion (1 round * level / 2) to better represent a Mad Berserker's unrelenting carnage on the field.

This would mean a level 8 barbarian would fall into 4 rounds of Confusion before (assuming the barbarian has 14 constitution) having 5 rounds of rage remaining afterward. To compensate for this maybe another -2 AC should be added onto the current -2 AC for a total of -4 AC during rage.

zDark Shadowz

I seem to recall confusion used to make you attack anyone, including allies, but I haven't seen that happen on this server yet.

Entering confusion is a bit fatal, especially with further reduced AC.

Personally I've had a couple of instances in my life where I have gone blind with rage, visibly did lose my sight (it all just blacks out from blood pressure variance for a moment) and had a completely different outlook on the situation when I came to, and ended up hurting myself (overused muscles etc) from the next moment of unrestrained physical activity without going into further details.

Kind of messed up but, nah I think Mad Berserker perk matches it up nicely. I'd rather not enter that state IRL again.

efuincarnate

Change blindness to Masochism and drop AC by X amount, per round. Wild fury, etc..

Decimate_The_Weak

The reason why Confusion fits well with a Mad Berserker is because he's liable to hit allies and foes alike as if he were in a maddened daze.

Vlaid

Confusion would actually be far more detrimental as you only hit nearby targets (allied or not) about 25% or so of the time. Usually you will end up just standing in place doing nothing or wander aimlessly.

RagingPurpleGiant

I'd support the idea if it was a custom scripted confusion that cuts out the alternative confusion effects like wandering around dazed and falling down to worship.
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

Random_White_Guy

"You have entered rage and everyone around you has been auto-force set to hostile regardless of what you do until rage wears off. Good luck with cleave."
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

VanillaPudding

Pentaxius

Hit ally mechanics doesn't bod well with the hostile rules.

I do agree that a custom scripted confusion is the best way to go.

Attack closest enemy for (1 round * level / 2)

This way the player "loses" control of his PC for a portion of the rage, can no longer retreat/drink potions, and it doesn't interfere with the hostile rules. Rage remains highly risky and needs to be strategically timed in order to avoid death. It's a middle path and keeps with the perk's flavour.

Drinking ESP pots to remove blindness and PfA to avoid confusion is obviously something we'd rather avoid. A custom rage can be tamper proof to these sort of things.