Ranes Sharboneth

Started by domare, February 25, 2013, 02:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domare

Hey Guys!

It is true...after a drastic down turn for Ranes Sharboneth, he has finally met his untimely end.  I wish I had screenies for you, but sadly my computer with the screenies took a dump.  I am currently playing on a new computer, but with no historical back ups.  I must say, it was -so- much fun to play Ranes.  He was a character of pure support make up.  He was a support character, who I thought best to make a Master Merchant/Political character.

I have achieved so much with him.  Firstly, I actually made the trip to visit Lord Alemander himself... established an estate within Mistlocke...became a most successful Master Merchant...provided tons of coin in support of the Mist End Tavern efforts, rebuilding of the Market Hall, various contracts of bounty hunters, provided cheap wares to those he liked, developed a loyal following of customers/merchants, etc.

Ranes did have a bit of a darkside, however.  He knew if he was to be successful, he had to deal with those who could provide him with wares.  Additionally, with Caermyn initially placing him into exile, and robbing Ranes of 2,500 coins, a relationship with the Mist Wraiths developed.  Ranes established dealings with the dangerous elves, who led assaults upon Caermyn Caravans.  

At the end, the war between Caermyn and Aberdeen proved to be too much.  Ranes was put off by Gadwy and Fryth...and began private talks with Caermyn on a truce.  A half hearted leak here and there, spelled a down turn.  

A special thanks to all the players who believed in Ranes Sharboneth and made him into something great.  Also, a special thanks to SanTelmo, Core, and SC for all the support!  Ranes Sharboneth was truly an epic and pleasurable character to me.

Ryan

An awesome and shady merchant who oozed sleazy class! Hate to see him go :(

Bearic

Fun stuff in the underdark, and business

Like this:

^_^

Lord Byron

The Old Hack

Poor Ranes! Lucita liked him. Great character, one you paid attention to. It will be strange not having him around, really -- he had become a fixture of Mistlocke and solid competition to the Caermyn.

Good show! Hope to see a new one soon, hard act to follow though Ranes may be! :)

~tOH.

Canzah

Great character on many layers, Domare!

One_With_Nature

Had a lot of fun serving under him on Remus :) You was right to be supicious of him!

Edvard

Really excellent!  Ranes developed into a man with enough wealth and reputation to become a succesfactor (or bane) to many pcs and factions. Influential and deep: hats come flying.

GoD1x

Great character! Had really hoped he had risen to push the other powers out of Mistlocke. Would have been fun ^^

SanTelmo

"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Pentaxius

Great work.

I had an incredible blast interacting with Ranes when I was playing Horatio. I enjoyed the profound and realistic relationship the characters had immensely :-)

Pandip

A master merchant that added a sense of realism to the server whenever I was around him. Sorry things ended the way they did.

Deception

Dr Dragon

Was dope serving him as Isengrim Williams.

el groso

I liked him, had friendly and hostile interactions with several characters of mine. Most of them ended up murdered, but I don't think it was Rane's fault. Or was it?! :)
 Well done, man.