Loot Bag - Container exclusively for Quest Loot

Started by One_With_Nature, November 25, 2017, 02:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

So it's always bugged me that when looting on a quest, you can easily miss loot out (due to inventory tetris) or potions stack with other potions, people skim loot and so on.. so would it be possible to have a bag item "Loot bag" that could have multiple pages of storage on it but only be useable during a quest that will store any item you loot while that quest is active so that its almost kept separate from your own inventory. I don't know the logistics of how you would script it, but it could be really handy on scripted quests. You could also utilize theft mode better so that everyone automatically stores loot into a loot bag and if they want to keep an item or disguise they've picked it up they would have to make a pickpocket or hide check or you could get an emote or something about them stashing something away. At the end of a quest you might be able to set the "Loot Bag" down like a placeable that people can view and take items from as they wish that dissapears once the items have all been taken.

Gippy

That is a great idea.

Deston E

I am going to try my hand at scripting something like this Loot Bag. I'll let you know if I figure something out!

zDark Shadowz

Don't forget to account for people with the Treasure Hunter or Scavenger perk, should be up to the perk owners' discretion whether they keep bonus items they found with their perk.

This seems kind of MMOy though.

At the beginning of the quest, offer an option to pick different loot rules.

Have loot bags that OnUse run a script that adds the items to a table, that can be accessed by conversation dialogue / Craft trap menu to 'roll' for an item.

Once everyone has rolled, (use decimals or high numbers to prevent people rolling the same) or when a 5 minute timer has expired, award the item. Especially unique items would be set up so that you could only roll for one item of that type every 15-20 minutes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system myself. If you're quick & stealthy & skim items, people aren't going to notice unless the overall loot is extremely appalling, then you use the Search Inventory tool to grill people that were supposed to loot. There's also weight management factors to consider (don't make your team mates encumbered just cause they can't fight, if you need to run they'll get brutalised!) and there's also Thief Mode etc.

A simpler solution might be dialogue that appears to everyone in range what the names of items are that have been acquired, rather than 'potion, misc thin, etc' if someone selects 'Honest Treasurer' mode, to everyone in range, with maybe Thief Mode & regular being tweaked in a similar way so that people with high search/spot/listen/lore skills oppose their hide/Ms/pickpocket/bluff in regards to detecting 'what' was picked up.

I'd prefer this latter solution since weight management and honesty amongst thieves are fun, fun roleplay opportunities if you have the presence of mind to pick up on it.

Deston E

I have made a system like the original post. If anyone, DMs or PCs want to check it out message me on IRC.