A Theoretical Query as to the Potency and Mechanical Validity of Transmutation

Started by Zerminar12, December 18, 2017, 04:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerminar12

So I stumbled across the custom 5th level spell Baleful Polymorph and read the description. It permanently turns people into chickens. Given that the soonest one would get this spell is as a 9th level wizard I have numerous questions. Has anyone ever achieved this power? If so, or even if not, how potent is the permanent chickening? I understand that it has no duration but could a greenhorn cleric pop a remove curse spell and undo your hard earned chicken-based wrath? I understand that the power to instantaneously induce a severe case of "chicken pox" in any unwitting player character is immensely powerful but it also seems a bit wrong that a low level cleric could simply wave away the majesty that is permanent chicken oriented polymorph. Furthermore, if Baleful Polymorph was hard or gods forbid impossible to undo what would be the ramifications of the entire server being turned into chickens? I apologize if this is all incredibly stupid but this spell's effect was just so incredible and awe-inspiring that I had to inquire into the glorious possibility that the entire server's population (of players) could be reduced to nothing more than squawking avians. Anyways, this post has rambled on longer than such a casual and ludicrous inquiry has any right to be. The idea of an incredibly powerful 9th level wizard turning all who dared defied him into poultry stew was just such an absurd concept that I had to articulate my musings on such a strange spell.
What has been, it is what will be, And what has been done, it is what will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

IIIIIIIII

Whether you can cure it or not I have no idea but this spell has been used quite a few times to my knowledge.

Ironside

There was a prominent necromancer/transmuter who turned a political opponent into a chicken and had them roasted and fed to another group of PCs he was trying to impress.

Was fun.

RagingPurpleGiant

<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

gnomewatcher

Transmutation is a very powerful school to focus in. You have the polymorph spells, flesh to stone, upgraded haste and slow, upgraded ability buffs, etc..

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers