Letter to Duck [DM]

Started by Blue41, April 16, 2024, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

[This message is delivered via Janissary on camelback-- not at great haste, but with great care to avoid the legions of orc between themselves and their destination]

Duck of the Boundary Men,

My name is Rennik Colmes, Warmaster of Ephia's Well and Lieutenant of the Fourth Legion in service to Al-Komayyad Sorazin Bey and his Benevolence Osman VI. You are familiar with Sergeant Samton Ashworth, who recently led a group of Ephians to offer you relief and support from the orc that besieged you, at great cost. I have been told you were awaiting word from me, and so I hope this brings you some cheer in the face of a mutual foe.

The Epicrasis may hold against the onslaught of ash, but the orc are another matter. How fare your supplies, your men? It is my intention to send a force of mercenaries south to reinforce your position, should it be needed. They are known as the Sukaitza Company, originally hailing from the Sea of Pearls. I will provide further updates when they are en route to you.

I also ask a favor of you. Our diplomats have not heard from Kha'esh in some time, and it is of paramount importance that we speak with the Emir, that we reach some measure of common ground against a common enemy, Iakmes. If you have any contacts that you can reach out to in service to this end, we would be grateful for it.

Endure. It will not be forever.

Lt. R. Colmes
Warmaster

Blue41

[A reply is checked for, and another letter resent if necessary...]