Bring back Invasion scripted invasion events.

Started by Deadlykate, June 09, 2017, 11:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadlykate

In EFU:M we had this awesome scripted event that would happen every so often where lizardfolk/goblins/kobolds/orcs would be planning to invade Mistlocke. We went into a seperate area where it spawned a placeable transition and sooner or later the creatures started spawning. With the barbican destroyed I think it would be a great if it was returned and place there, often at the end of battle crates of supplies was unlocked and people got experience, as well as some gold which is great for high levels who don't quest often, or have a steady wage.

CallenBartell

This would also help reinforce the feeling of not being alone in the Underdark-- and add to the tension of political infighting. I am all about it.

Starstruck

Hugely in favor of this. This was one of the most interesting and dynamic elements of EFU:M and it often brought together a lot of characters that were conflicting with each other. One of the things that's often missing from EFU:R is that genuine sense of danger from all the nasty evil things that lurk throughout the caves. I'd even go a step further and say that having the invasions take place in locations other than the barbican would be excellent. A watcher making a sending about a surge of Chosen in the Machine threateningly close to Sanctuary. A Society freak calling for volunteers to join him in the Lowerdark to deal with a Dread patrol with their eyes on Sanctuary. etc, etc.

RagingPurpleGiant

I also miss invasions.
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

Decimate_The_Weak

With the barbican destroyed now is the perfect opportunity for this.

putrid_plum

Invasions are cool but the lag from them is immense and back then was server crashing at times.  There is also the invasions that trigger when 2 or 3 people are on and then no one can beat it or leave the city anymore.  That being said, I am for them but would prefer them to be triggered when DMs are on but scripted in the module.  If that makes sense.

Pup

I would agree with putrid plum that they should be DM-overseen.  But more of these would be fun and appropriate to the times.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

VanillaPudding

They should not require a DM at all, if put in. Ideally they would just "expire" after inactivity for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, after that duration some NPCs could clear it up and the reward chests vanish/lock up.

CoM

I agree that these should come back, and perhaps make it so that scripted invasions are smaller than DM ones. Like a DM would have 5 waves, each consisting of 10 spawn, while a scripted would only get 1-2 waves with 10 spawn in each wave (if that is possible).

derfo

I've brought up invasion relevant stuff lately, though there are some understandable hurdles. I will keep in mind it is welcome to introduce random invasions to kill everyone with.