corner of Qadira street / market square
(temporary correspondence address)

---

To:
Kali Qingwyn
Krak De Roses

---

Kali Qingwyn,

As i need a break from attempting to work through a backlog of 10 days of field notes, I'd like to invite you for some Cactus Slurp to learn more about your areas of expertise, fields of study and theories you are working on to confirm through archaeology and depending on an outcome, perhaps offer you a job opportunity, depending on the interview.

The Competition (the name still amuses me, considering it's a bit of an inside joke) is the premier archaeological club/coterie/hanza (pick one) in Ephia's Well.

I've seen you prancing about several times but we never had a chance to talk proper (which is understandable as I share the desire to be in the field most of the time, yet even with a secretary I hired (and I think I need to promote him to work on marketing and public relations), my backlog is just overwhelming).

P.S. Have you published something I would have read?
P.P.S. Are you affiliated with any of the political leagues of the Well?

Live and drink,
Jamileh Attar
"The Competition"

Lalena Steele

Dear Jamileh Attar,

I have received your letter, sorry it took a while for me to respond, there was some confusion with the clerk as I'm not currently residing at the Krak.
I have heard of your organization but have yet to really have a proper conversation with anyone to learn what you study or if my skills could be of aide. I would be open to speaking to you to learn more, but perhaps the coffee house by the Gate of Coins would be a better venue to have a proper discussion as the Krak can get quite crowded.

I do have a published work but it was written for an application to the astronomers (before I knew of their pure mage only stance) and is more of a technical description than a proper thesis that I am proud of. You may read it if you wish but I feel it  is a weak example of my scholarly process.  I am not currently affiliated with any organizations in the Well though in the name of full disclosure I have reached out to Arterian Lunesco after his call for research assistants.  I would like to speak to you both before making any final decisions about my allegiances and employment

If you are still interested in speaking with me name a time or call for me when I am around and I shall meet with you.

Best,

Kali Qingwyn

SN

Hziran 7th, IY 7787

---

Jamileh Attar
Ibram's Fine Leathers and Cobbler,
corner of Qadira street / market square
(temporary correspondence address)

---

To:
Kali Qingwyn
Krak De Roses

---

Kali Qingwyn,

I am uncertain in which part of the Ash Desert I have indicated that I would love to hold a conversation in the Krak De Roses, that place is the absolute worst and the only thing I am capable of while in there is completely blocking out every single external stimuli.

You can visit me in Magus Rashid's bookstore when it's convenient.

Should you hold any archaeological finds from your travels, bring them with, we can take a look at them together and perhaps I'll be able to advise. Too many idiots just either destroy these finds  with their indelicate, untrained hands.. or donate them pointlessly to the College to garner some favor.

Live and drink,
Jamileh Attar
"The Competition"