[Marcellus, left at Ibram's Leatherworks - "Sultan Trivia!"]]

Started by SN, March 19, 2023, 09:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN

Marcellus,

There's a one-time funding opportunity that I managed to secure for us and I think you're going to enjoy it.

There's going to be a Trivia game during Game Days or something that Sol Auk is running with the aid of Zaniah.

Part of it will be sort of a trivia game, which I was asked to run, hopefully in less skimpy clothing than her last game (the things you do for funding..) - though i did recommend you to run it too, knowing your passion for the subject..

And the subject of the trivia questions I recommended to Zaniah would be  Caliphate and Sultanate history for obvious reasons, glory to our Eagle, who's name outshines the very sun.

It is a good teaching opportunity too, to pull away people from their usual routines and glean some knowledge and understanding of where they are.

I do not know if we can get more funding if I am the one running the trivia questions, or you (it's possible we can negotiate a higher rate if it's me, Zaniah took liking to me for some reason I can not fathom..)

Nonetheless, we need to devise twenty one trivia questions that are fun and I have a feeling you're already getting giddy at the opportunity of doing so to educate people.

We could even call it "Fun with history!",  "Fun with Caliphs, Caliphas, Sultans and Sultanas!" (though maybe the latter isn't appropriate and could be interpreted in a wrong way and I do like my head on my shoulders).. anyway, i digress..

I do recommend it's a mixture of simple ones with easily accessible knowledge, spicing it up with knowledge that's obtainable from Rashid's books, and putting a cherry on top from a bit less accessible Sultanate approved knowledge (glory to his name), perhaps something from our digs.

Will you help me with this?

We can discuss in person later whether it's me or you that's going to be asking them in person to the participants.

The games are happening within a week or so, so time is also of the essence.

P.S. I was offered 1,000 for devising it and also running the trivia. Do you think I should ask for more?

Live and drink,
Jamileh