Need tech/computer help

Started by SN, January 01, 2015, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN

Hey Guys.

Need help of someone tech-savy - I'm going on a business trip for the next 5 weeks tomorrow so I will finally be in the US timezone for a time - so I figured - hey, might finally get to play EFU in this timezone.

And then something went wrong, of course.

Apparently, nwmain.exe requires admin rights.. and my mothe-- company does not (of course) provide the drones with admin rights on their work laptops.

Any idea how to go around this without having to go through IT to request admin rights for whatever business reason?

Not going to be hauling two laptops with me.. :)

Peace and Happy New Year!
/SN

Paha

It requires admin rights because it uses recources in windows that some second users (outside admin) necessarily should not use for safety reasons. Like promise to install, affect program files, registry or others.

If you cannot use them through admin rights, there's no real work around. I know that folks on 8.1 windows can use the game launcher and if it's set to work in the compability mode, it works fine without admin priviliges, for some it doesn't. It doesn't sound very consistent and I can't really for sure what is the actual kick there.

Windows 7, if it doesn't happen to work on compability mode or any other modes you try, then you are pretty much stuck without the admin rights to affect those needed things on your business laptop.

SN

That's just dandy.

From what I scoured the interweb it also mentioned that the reason for the admin rights is needing access to the registry.

Tried all the compatibility modes (using Win7).

I'll try and figure out a 'business' reason for receiving the admin rights then, looks like only way to go.

Hound

Say you need to install this?

http://www.youneedabudget.com/

Just claim you're god-awful with finances and this program saves your life.

SN

I'll figure something out ; - )