Even DM's make mistakes.

Started by SN, April 25, 2009, 05:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN

Luke Danger

Ouch. You got pwned I'd say.

If you want, I'll go Nuclear on the Insane Cleric of Cyric (Hey that rhymes!)

MexicanGunslinger

Listen in Silence

Harm has been changed to doing 10 points of negative damage per caster level...

You guys fought a lvl 15 cleric.

Nuclear Catastrophe

I'm filing for libel.  You'll hear from my team of high profile lawyers shortly.

This screenshot has been taken and used without my express permission, and will be used as evidence.

On another note, I will now be watching your characters VERY closely, Starless Night, and posting every single mistake you make in the screenshot forum from now on.

Pup

"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Luke Danger

Quote from: Listen in Silence;121978Harm has been changed to doing 10 points of negative damage per caster level...

You guys fought a lvl 15 cleric.

Or even higher, as LiS forgot to mention, Harm does 10 points per caster level, up to 150 total

SN

Quote from: Nuclear Catastrophe;121985I'm filing for libel.  You'll hear from my team of high profile lawyers shortly.

This screenshot has been taken and used without my express permission, and will be used as evidence.

On another note, I will now be watching your characters VERY closely, Starless Night, and posting every single mistake you make in the screenshot forum from now on.

Now I'm screwed.

Pestilence

You should make a new account then hide in your basement until NC forgets about you.

Equinox

Yep, be prepared for insane spice with no rewards. Being ported into a room full of naked hoes, screenshotted and acused of cyb0ring. you get the idea.

djspectre

don't feel bad. Corrine had this happen to a party-member during the Orog Fortress quest:

Anonymous Bosch

I also thought that harm just took people down to 1hp.
Pretty sure the proper procedure for dealing with DM errors is "eyes down, wait it out" though.
Textbook error there, Starless Night.

Raposa_Fox

The guy ceartainly has some balls to expose NC like that! I'm impressed!

derfo

Nuclear Catastrophe

Naw.  If I f**k up, let me know STRAIGHT away, and I'll rectify it :)

Goes for any other DM here.

To err is human.

We're all human.

Ergo, we will err.

And just because we're DM's doesn't mean you can't collar us.  I've had some deserved rants from people in my time.  I'll argue my case if I feel that I am in the right, and yeah, usually, what the DM says will go, but if you really feel strongly that you have a case for something being 'too much' or no fun and the DM you're talking to just won't listen, go talk to one of the OTHER DM's and get their opinion of it.

x

Nuke