Shortspears?

Started by fizzt, January 20, 2011, 03:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzt

Quote from: Coldburn;219223Wish Small-sized creatures had access to a Shortspear.

And with the appearance of the shortspear, we could then have people  using the awesome combo of the spear and shield together. Then the  influx of Spartan-esque Chessentans who only yell out epic, short  sentences while showing their pearly-whites could occur.

I digress, a spear and shield would be awesome, especially if the  shortspear damage was 1d6 with x2 threat, or 19-20x2, since that would  make it on par with other simple weapons mostly. I played on a server  that did this, though the server had haks, so I'm unsure if this can be  done without them.

ScottyB

Adding a new weapon type would require haks.

9lives

GoblinSapper

indeedly, it would require alot of haks, and not be compatible with Wep Focus/spec/imp crit, and buff spells would not apply to it.

I think Tridents can be used one handed though?

ScottyB

Quote from: GoblinSapper;219260indeedly, it would require alot of haks, and not be compatible with Wep Focus/spec/imp crit, and buff spells would not apply to it.
It would require a hak modifying one file (baseitems.2da) and spells like magic weapon would indeed work. There would be no bonus feats, that part is correct.

Still, the hak would be mandatory (can't do it as an override) because people without it would crash every time the new item appears.

fizzt

I'm sure it's still impossible, but i just checked and they didn't actually make a new item shortspear. They changed the base spear to being a one handed weapon, much like EFU changed the quarterstaff to a double weapon. This way, weapon focus and such still worked. They did however, make a pike or greatspear weapon, and add that as the two handed version.

Coldburn

Maybe work a way for Tridents, and change their BaseAppearance? No one uses that crap anyway.