Colony Market Revamp

Started by ScottyB, February 03, 2009, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyB

It would be nice if some rooms and halls were put up in the colony market so that you didn't have to draw every single NPC in the area every time you go there. I have to stop every other step to load everything that just entered/re-entered by FOV and decide which way to go (because there's so much junk on the ground that you can't just walk in a straight line).

It's an area that looks cool, but sadly, it's a bit much for me to try navigating it.

9lives

You're having trouble loading a 7 year old game?

ScottyB

Only in this one area!

Mort

Our Ziggurat Interior do hold a lot of NPCs, placeables making it heavy on loadtime. Could work on separating it into multiple areas to ease it up... but I make no promise.

Conan The Conqueror

I will admit that this area even causes my rig to stutter a bit. Maybe some of the NPC's that don't really serve much of a purpose there can be moved to other areas? Cyrus and the thuggish people for example don't do anything in their little corner. They definitely could add some flavor to another existing area.

Vanquishried

I would want to have some split areas or something. (makes me feel better)

Aldrick Tanith

I don't have any problems with the area, but I do think it should be divided up more into separate loading areas.

Snoteye

Quote from: Mort;108721Our Ziggurat Interior do hold a lot of NPCs, placeables making it heavy on loadtime. Could work on separating it into multiple areas to ease it up... but I make no promise.

No, just remove all the NPCs we'll never use anyway!

Kotenku

Don't you bastards dare get rid of Rat Fance Nancy before I figure out why she was created in the first place.

Semli

WHO IS SVIR KDZ?  I MUST KNOW!