Summoning Themes in City of Rings

Started by Diz-e, January 24, 2019, 10:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diz-e

I'm going to try and document the strangeness I've been seeing with summoning themes, since I've started my new character for EFU:CoR...

My character started off with a theme granted by cleric domain, and it delivered as expected. The character's base summon theme was set to the appropriate one for the domain, and when casting summoning spells, that was the theme that appeared.

Things started getting weird when I used a conjurative focus on a temporary, consumable reagent. The reagent changed the next summon to the expected theme, like it should! But then the next summoning spell that was cast called forth: what appears to be the default theme of this chapter - ring rats, alley cats, etc. And the next as well...

I didn't see the return of my cleric domain-triggered theme until i rested and relogged. I asked a DM if they could fix me and it appeared all was well. But then today I cast a couple of Summon II's (which resulted in the correct theme), followed by a Summon I which turned out to be a ring rat.

I will continue to try and figure out when this is happening and get you guys more info. Also, I have been vague here as to specifics of my character as I do not wish to spoil my plotz; please let me know if you need this info privately and I will gladly give all I can.