Perk Suggestion Thread

Started by Talir, January 16, 2013, 10:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsunamiWombat

Fighter
RED STAR EMBRACED

Whether born in a magocracy like Thay or Halruua, or the recipient of strange new sorcerous abilities since the ressurection of Mystryl, you are more comfortable with arcane magic than most laymen and can incorporate it's tools in with your martial prowess.

Level 1: +3 lore, +3 spellcraft
Level 5: +1 save vs spells
Level 8: Gain the ability to use Arcane Wands

Fighter ability: equipped weapon gains +1 ab, +1 magic dmg, 1/turn

---

Fighter
RED STAR EMBRACED (toned down version)

Whether born in a magocracy like Thay or Halruua, or the recipient of strange new sorcerous abilities since the ressurection of Mystryl, you are more comfortable with arcane magic than most laymen and can incorporate it's tools in with your martial prowess.

Level 1: +3 lore, +3 spellcraft
Level 5: gain magic weapon trinket 1x/day
Level 8: +1 saves vs spells

Fighter ability: equipped weapon gains +1 magic dmg, 1/turn

TsunamiWombat

Rogue perk
MINOR
Cartographer: Whether a hobbiest explorer or a professional surveyor, you have the tools and the skills to create accurate maps for navigation

Receive Mapmakers toolkit. Receive free blank map on rest.

TsunamiWombat

FIGHTER

Farmer

The humble farmer is the bedrock upon which civilization lays, and must often provide for themselves in both sustenance and defense.

Lvl 1: Efusl Farming +5, exotic weapon proficiency
Lvl 5: ability to determine when picked plants will die as ranger, Cleave
Lvl 8: animals will attack you less

Ability: Reaping and Sowing - Gain +2 bludgeoning damage, 1 turn

Marine
Professional Sailors and Armsmen, Marines are experienced nautical fighters who know how to handle themselves at sea and keep their footing.

Lvl 1: Efusl Sailing +5, tumble +3
Lvl 5: Double water breath duration, + 3 discipline
Lvl 8: Negates armor penalties to swim speed, +1 reflex save

Ability: The Marine gains 50% cold and Electrical damage immunity, 1 turn

TsunamiWombat

SORCERER
Geomancy

The powers of the land are a curious sort all their own, with deep and ancient energies running through crystal and rock. Whether a worshipper of ancient Grumbar or a practitioner of arts more esoteric, the reticent stones and soils of the earth heed your call and come to your defense.

Spell Changes:

Acid Splash -- Becomes Mud Clot. Damage type changed to physical (bludgeoning). On hit cast spell freeze dc 10 + d4
Burning Hands -- Becomes Sand Spray, dealing physical damage (piercing) and afflicting Blind, DC 10 + d4
Mage Armor  -- Adds bonus 5% damage reduction but also slows move speed by 5%
Stoneskin -- Bonus 10 points of Damage reduction
Mestils Acid Breath -- Becomes Crystal Shower, dealing physical damage (slashing) and afflicting bleed, dc 10 + d4
Melfs Acid Arrow -- Becomes Stone Spike. Does 3d6 physical damage (Piercing) and inflicts 10% physical damage vulnerability for 1d4 rounds
Flame Arrow -- Becomes lava arrow. Inflicts bonus 1d6 fire damage per round, reflex saves.

Level 1: Flame weapon changed to acid. +5 EFUSS Mining skill.
Level 5: +5% movement speed bonus in wilderness. +1 acid damage. Can rest in wilderness without a fire.
Level 10: Movement Speed bonus increases to 10%. 10% physical damage immunity. Can rest in wilderness without a bedroll

Ka of Fate

FIGHTER
Red Star Defiant

Change level 8 abilities from 1/day to either 3/day, 1/day per ability, or set on a long timer.
Too many abilities to hinge on a single day use, especially with needing to use Restore during every hard fight due to not being able to AC buff.(See all high level fights)

TsunamiWombat

I think it's apparent that many of our older perks are lackluster and uninteresting compared to the newer, which are creative and amazing and breath new life and viability into certain niches. With that in mind i'd like to suggest an overhaul of some of our older perks.

Starting with

FIGHTER

Bodyguard
Lvl 1: +1 vs mind affecting, +2 spot, +2 listen
Lvl 5: Gain Expertise feat
Lvl 8: +1 will, Immunity: Charm Person, Dominate Person

Bounty Hunter
Lvl 1: Gain one of Choking Powder, Caltrops, or Tanglefoot bag every REST, +2 search
Lvl 5: +4 disable trap, +4 set trap, get random trap every rest
Level 8: Gain 5% movement speed, 5% physical damage reduction, +4 save vs traps

Brawler
Lvl 1: Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike, +2 Discipline
Lvl 5: 5% damage reduction, gain feat Stunning Fist
Lvl 8: Gain Feat: Circle Kick, Improved Critical: Unarmed Strike

Cutthroat
Lvl 1: Gain feat: Thug, +3 intimidate
Lvl 5: Use Poison feat, Poison Duration doubled
Lvl 8: 10% damage reduction, +2 saves vs poison and disease

Desert Warrior
Lvl 1: 10% fire damage immunity, +2 vs blind
Lvl 5: gain feat Mobility
Lvl 8: +5% move speed, +2 fortitude

Drill Sergeant
Lvl1:You train characters at or below half your levels + 2 (max level 7). They receive bonus XP for getting beaten in sparring matches (time limited), whereas you regenerate up to 1/4th of your own max HP if you lose.
Level 5: +2 Concentration, Discipline, Heal, Intimidate, Listen and Spot
Level 8: 3/day Master of the Drill Ability -- +1 AB, +1 AC, +10% movement speed and give allies 1/4th of your Concentration, Discipline, Listen and Spot ranks as bonus inspiration. Lasts 1 turn.

TsunamiWombat

MONK
Warrior Monk

Some orders have a decidedly more martial bent, being devoted to the defense of their home monastery and enforcement of temple laws.

Lvl 1: martial weapon proficiency, light armor proficiency.
Level 5: equipped light armor gains bonus AC to bring it in line with chainshirt (max total 4 armor ac) equipped melee weapon gains +2 deflection AC. 10% bonus move speed, does not stack worh base monk speed bonus but will apply even when wearing armor.
Level8: equipped weapon gains +1 ab. Does not work with Kama. equipped light armor gains bonus AC to bring it in line with Chainmail (max total 5 ac).

Note armor will still disable monk bonus ac, apr, and move speed

Hollow_Mage

Composer - The practical applications of sound through magic are more often explored by wandering bards and the occasional devout of Milil. However, the potential for this rare elemental force is equal at least to the flames and frost for which sorcerers are commonly known. Composers are those sorcerers who hear, rather than feel, the flow of the Weave around them. These dangerous and poorly-understood mages are able to pluck the strings of magic to create harmony from chaos, or vice versa.

Spell modifications:

• Horizukaul's Boom -- Damage increased to 1d4/level (max. 5d4 at level 5).
  • Magic Missile -- Damage type changed to Sonic, ignores the 'Shield' spell.
  • Color Spray -- Effect is the same as Sonic Burst, but as a cone.
  • Balagarn's Iron Horn -- Deals 1d2/level Sonic damage to every affected creature, whether or not they pass their Strength check.
  • Gust of Wind -- Deafens targets who pass the Fort save for 1 round.
  • Blindness/Deafness -- Blindness effect removed, spell failure from Deafness doubled.
  • Lesser Dispel/Dispel Magic -- When cast on a single target, functions like a thunderstone (DC 15 Fort save or Deaf). When cast on an area, however, it creates a temporary zone of silence, resulting in -10 Listen and +20% arcane spell failure for 2 rounds.
Level 1: +2 Concentration, +2 Listen, gain a free thunderstone once per rest.
Level 5: 10% Sonic Damage Immunity, gain Craft Wand as a bonus feat.
Level 8: Deafening Clang 1/day, crafted wands of modified spells gain 1d4 extra charges.

Random_White_Guy

Would it be possible to add the Rogue Cutpurse Perk to Gypsy Bard?
Bards get pickpocket and I can totally see the RP of a gypsy bard cutpurse running around picking purses and such of crowds drawn to another bard's performance or etc.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Hautevillee

Rogue (level 4 or 6 perk)

RESOURCEFUL

Bonus Feat: Weapon Proficiency (Simple)

You've always had a knack for finding a weapon. Be it making a barstool into a club, turning a fence post into a spear or grabbing the nearest farm implement to bring the hurt to your enemies.

----

This makes up for the weirdness that NWN Rogues don't get Simple weapon proficiency. Mainly it gives rogues access to spears without using one of their few feats, as the only 2 hander they have access to normally is the quarterstaff.

Wench

Sorcerer

**Survivalist**

From combining your arcane expertise with your culinary artistry, keeping a pristine campsite, and a roaring fire, you quickly find yourself an adventuring party's best friend. From the long roads to the eerie wilderness you always find a way to survive.

Level 1:
+X Wilderness Survival
Every rest get X amount of food items.
You cast spells on food items for people to use, these items go stale on reset.

Level 5:
Anyone resting at your fire heals XX% amount. (Maybe some campfire token that creates a usable fire and casts healing circle.)
Free feat Brew Potion

Level 8:
3/day cast spells on food items that don't go stale on reset.
+X Con
-X Wis
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Anonymous Lemur

Fighter and Sorcerer Perk (requires two players)

Bonded

A warrior and a sorcerer bound by ancient blood rites to battle alongside one another for good or for ill.  Once paired the duo become inseparable even in death. This rite is not undertaken lightly and typically signifies a pact between to two to achieve some great feat or perish side by side in the attempt.

Special: To be bonded one PC must be a pure sorcerer and the other must be a pure fighter.

Both Level 1:

Soul Link:

Spells, potions and items consumed apply to partner.  This includes hostile effects. All sources of damage are shared between the bonded, but all damage is reduced by 50%. If one of the bonded dies or is subdued the other is similarly killed or incapacitated.  For example death magic upon one, will certainly kill the other.

Suffers a -15 penalty to attack bonus and 75% spell failure when partner is outside of short range.

Both Level 5:

Improved Soul Link:

Bonded gain the saving throws and base attack bonus of their partner if higher.

Both Level 8:

Summon Partner 1/day

Soul Link penalty now only applies outside medium range

Empress of Neon

Chloromancer: Sorceror Perk

Just as we've plenty of undeath-sorceror variants, I thought I'd suggest one to complement the Positivist perk. The Chloromancer!

"Whether you are descended from a woodland dryad, a servant to the Earth Mother, or simply have an affinity for nursing life, your capacity to sprout plants (however fleeting) and replenish the health of others makes you both loved by your allies and feared by your enemies. Moral motivations aside, one question remains profoundly ingrained in your pursuit to elevate your powers: How far would you go to nurture your pretties?"

Special: Access to the Plant Theme

Lvl 1: +5 to Farming/Herbalism. Special Token: Able to cast cure light wounds (5) 3 times a day. 20% vulnerability to fire.
Lvl 5: -2 Constitution (Your blood sustains your pretties...) . Gain a new special token that allows you to cast cure serious wounds (10) twice a day. Gain access to a special plant familiar.
Lvl 8: -2 Strength and another -2 constitution(Your blood continues to sustain your pretties...) . Gain the benefits of the Animal Domain perk (All summons are now 1 tier higher than their defaults). In addition, your familiar grows significantly more powerful (And bigger!).

Entheogen

https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Fighter_Perks#Dual-wielder

First off I think the level 5 bonus of duplicating flame weapon to both weapons should be a universal quality of life change for everyone, not a specific perk factor.

I don't know why specializing in dual-wielding would let someone magically enchant elements onto their blades for a short time? What does this have to do with dual-wielding?
When I think of dual-wielding I think of speed, whirling blades, and sacrificing defense for attack.

Instead of gaining 1d4 damage for 2 turns and +2 deflection AC for 5 turns I'd like to suggest a few alternatives that might be used more and give the perk more flair.

1) -2 AC and +2 AB for 1 turn.
2) Gain the feat great cleave for 2 turns.
3) Whirlwind attack 3 uses per rest.
4) Haste for 5 rounds once per rest.

The first option would give a chance to fight on par in a duel or against a tough high AC opponent for a short time at risk.
The second option would solidify them as great PvE characters, and would look really good for "big fights".
The third option lets dual-wielders whirl and spin their blades a few times per rest. Looks cool, adds utility, adds flair.
The fourth option is a 150 gold value (potion) once per rest, a lesser form of "blinding speed" lasting only half a turn.

Mainly I just don't understand the justification for dual wielders being able to enchant their blades? This sounds like something a spellsword would do not a dual wielder?

Random_White_Guy

I'm uncertain exactly how much of a headache this would be, but with the new "Meta, the rate of exponential odds of sooner or later getting smeared into a fine paste has never been higher and there's a massively different questing dynamic on EFUV than previous chapters.

It's always been horribly unpleasant losing a perk simply since you die and was wondering if it'd be possible to take a look at balancing things out?

- Fighter, Sorceror, and Rogue perks altered for Top Tier to be level 7 instead of Level 8? As the average player number is far from what it was of EFUR with people hitting 8/9/10 like raindrops.

- Fighter and Sorceror Perks survive through death, similar to Rogues. Hit 8 once and even if you die to level 2 the perk still activates.  That being universal would be very welcomed.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips