Vergil Halender, Stormbringer of Talos

Started by Blue41, August 28, 2010, 04:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

Vergil Halender was just about as ultra-conflict as I thought it was going to be. In my first week of playing this character, he was jailed for treason- attempting to place a bomb in the mythallar room. For a time, he concentrated on spreading the faith and creed of TALOS through words to the Docks, until he lost favor with his god for growing too complacent. From then on, he gave up the pulpit for the road, and concentrated on living the faith through violence, destruction, and plenty of lightning.

I was jailed numerous times, captured and freed, had bounties put on and removed. I dropped copious amounts of lightning. I was warned to not do stuff and then did them anyway. And it was a blast.

Huge thanks to lolmagics, Decimate the Weak, Echigo,LiS, Porkolt, QQ, and all the rest of the Sons. The Laddermen for being early allies and Wastrel table buddies. The Sea Mare for being conspirators. The SHARKS, Tropic, Kiaring, Magister, DI, and Chultan bros for being good enemies. BANE for being BANE. Conclave, Uderbur and Lumiere for being debate partners/blood rivals. DMs for all love given.

One of his first impromptu sermons.

Sons enjoying chilling on the Zigg. Looking down on you, m8.

The infamous Lumbermill incident.

Rescue attempt, which failed. Still, Warden's PVP is a plus in my book.

Conversion, which consisted of bolting a guy and seeing if he survived.

STORM BROS

Trial of the Conclave. I harbored brief ideas of busting shit up in there, until I walked into the room.

DM LEWT

Echigo

Favourite character ever. Just saying. <3
meth

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Thomas_Not_very_wise

The poem Psalms wrote Vergil. :D

QuoteThe Song of Talos' Fury

Beholden to None and free to all
I make my lightning fall
A grin and a smirk, and someone dies.
I threw that lightning, and he gets fried.

Talos, this is what I called.
I am served by Auril the unthawed.
Malar the bloodthirty
And Umberlee the Bitch feisty.

Random destruction is my joy
Nature's fury is what you can call my toy.
Throwing Lightning blasting thunder brings me blooming esctacy.
But these unfearful worms make me quite testy.

So I smite and have smote.
Causes corpses to fall and bloat.
I feel this wicked grin upon my lips.
Now, I have given them their rightful fugue trip.

The days are dull with random destruction
Voices rise in a frightful benediction.
A crow in evil triumph
Now they'll know who's tough.

Ah, memory of the ages
Consigned in Histories pages.
Learning I hate,
Education is furies bait

Deneir, Oghma, Mystra, wretched gods all.
Making others unheed my call.
Destruction is mine!
It is only a matter of time.

Some say I wish the world to end-
But I am not quite that far down the bend.
I wish it to continue, always something new,
So destruction can begin the cycle anew.

Drakill Tannan

Sick character. He inspired hatred while i played as Imco, and kinda liked him when i played as Harely :P

Keep this up!

Divine Intervention

One of my best foes, bringing destruction down.  Fought him several times and some of my favourite rp was fighting him in the docks and the following stuff.  Great enemy and a great character.

sylvyrdragon

Vergil was a staple character in the Docks.. his fury will be missed.

Jaelle and Aulgrim will be waiting patiently for him.

Udenbur

There's a lot to say about Vergil. Probably one of the last guys still alive with whom I had some heavy, great interaction since the day I returned to EFU some five months ago now. I'd say that I especially enjoyed our last moments together, but that'd be a lie: you were great the whole run along and Vergil will be sorely missed.

Iron Oligarch

Vergil is the best take on a Talassan I have ever seen played; an excellent departure from the usual smite-happy storm worshipper. Very well played, and good luck with your next concept.

Porkolt

I remember dreading, each day I turned on my PC to check the forums, what stupid thing Vergil might've done this time. Trying to do damage control for him is probably some of the most fun I've had in recent memory. Will be missed!

tropic

Pup

Bah.

Wish I could've joined you guys more in destruction.

Very well played, sir.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Yalta

Staring Death

The Old Hack

Vergil was awesome. I'll miss him as an ally, a friend and a dreaded figure of nemesis; he was all three to Solace. :)