Shawn Fletcher

Started by Ebok, June 25, 2013, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebok

[tface=walter]SHAWN FLETCHER, THE ARROW OF THE KING[/tface]
I had an epic ride everyone. I wish I could've swung it out to the very very end, rather then drop off while so much stuff was going on. However, I would not have changed anything about this character if I were to do it again. Thankyou so much for those of you that played alongside my epic little story. For those that only saw a part of him, and for those that never knew him. I'll post a bit about him below.

QuoteShawn Fletcher (Ebok)

This character was created on Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 at 05:39:55 PM.
Since creation, this character has logged on and off 85 times.
The character has spent 7 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes, and 15 seconds online.

Chaotic Good - Human
Fighter (9)
Current XP [TNL]: 43596 [1404]
Deity: Valkur

[tface=walter]The Background[/tface]
Shawn Fletcher was born in the dalelands where he would become a skilled archer in a variety of ragtag mercenary guard forces. During his time under these forces, he was ordered to do many horrible things for people that happened to own the chain of command at the time. A constant stream of disillusionment and disgusting people later, he had sedimented a firm an absolute distrust of authority. When he was taken by the portal and trapped on the archipelago was when he first truly began to live for himself.

He served a number of minor companies before finding his place within one of the lesser gangs in the docks. He found himself a wife, whom he loved very dearly, and by her he had two children. When the END began, and the Nightrisers swarmed over the land, he managed to get his entire family out of there alive, and to Mistlocke. However, they didn't trust the woods at first, and so they choose instead to remain outside them. That was when it happened.

His wife began to show signs of the illness first. And after awhile both of his children began to suffer likewise. He didn't quite understand yet what was going on. It wasn't until the day he returned from a hunting trip through the vale that he learned what was happening. His wife had withered and succumbed, feeding his children withered meats, telling them of the lovely maiden in the tower. They were all sick, and so the others in the camp avoided them completely. When he found them, they tried to convince him to join them, and when he said no. That he would instead see the maiden to her grave for this, they attacked him. He killed his own family. His hate and grief consumed him.

[tface=walter]GAMEPLAY[/tface]
He started off as a bitter drunk, roaming around the woods shooting things.. and mostly missing. He spent every dime he earned on booze and ale. So when on my second day of playing this character, the Fey Prince came to Mistlocke claiming joy and happiness, he felt nothing but disgust and was drunk again. Already on the verge of breaking, worn thin with years of self-abuse. He told the prince these dark thoughts would not leave him. So he told the prince that he would be a traitor, that he could not live to enjoy this world, and his was dark. Fey Prince gave his brain to Vasily, and Vasily took out ALL of this pervious memories and replaced them with a mushroom. I'm played him as a bit daffy and simple minded, but still observant and intuitive. I kept to short phrases and miscommunications rather then actually hurt his ability to speak.

He can still remember, but those memories were in a dark place in the mind. So he does not delve into them. Instead he lives each day in the present, and is contented to do this. He was left with a linger impression that he needed to join watchers still, and fight the maiden. But he did not really know why he feels so compelled. This was the story of his struggle between his present and his past. As well as his attempts to reconcile the mushroom's effects on his brain.

[tface=walter]Thus began the character known as Shawn Fletcher. KNIGHT OF THE SHROOM[/tface]

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pentaxius

I took immense joy partaking in Shawn's epic and dark story.

I'm at loss of words. It was a great, great PC, and he will be remembered.

efuincarnate

I found him quite engaging, and will miss him greatly.  I was there at your end, trying desperately to find a way to stop it.  All that from after your implant, never had a clue to how you became the Musroom Knight,, stellar job!

xxWhisperingWindsxx

:(  [sniffles]  <3
[20:20] <crump> nature's not outright trying to murder everyone there, it's playing gentle, lures everyone into a false sense of security. then it strikes. chicago's weather is the bdsm of nature systems

Vlaid

I think if you want to serve the king you need some severe mental problem.

Good gads.

Blue41

Fantastic PC. Riddle-man.

Kinslayer988

Very nice Ebok, a true sharpshooter
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Deception

wither wither rot...

Ebok

[tface=walter] The Key to Success[/tface]
Do not get caught in bushes of your own making. lol Or maybe it was suppose to mean entertain yourself at all times and always strive for an audience while doing so. Something like that

[tface=walter]The Arrow of the King[/tface]
Throughout the course of this character I met many interesting people, and got to participate in a good half dozen religious events. Some of them had to do with the soul, and others had more to do with the earth and soil. I swore ALL of my character's Oaths within Groves.

I got to do MANY crazy events. But like all Wyrm Watchers, I was particularly interested in the mysterious Dragons of Ymph.

And some super secret watcher meetings. Like a Crown, a King, and a Strange Druid cult.

Ebok

[tface=walter]The Mushroom Knight[/tface]
It started off with just interest in growing new things. You see, Shawn didnt have any of his memories, but he had lingering impressions of the feeling that he had over his life. The strongest was the raising of his own children, in this way, I transferred this emotional connection onto Shrooms, and I spend a great deal of time growing and cultivating them.

Since I could sneeze out mushroom spores, I got to do some crazy things like grow large patches of them right in front of huge crowds of people.

I also got it into my head that with the spore clouds, I could attempt to communicate empathically to other mushrooms. So in my spare time, I searched the server high and low to find new clusters of mushrooms to say Hello to. Sometimes a Dm was around and they said hello back.

Not everyone understood why I loved them so much.

Someone that could really understand my love of the Mushrooms.

Mira

granny

best mate for caressing mushrooms and going crazy with riddles if you need one!

morva

Mist is the Mist is the Mist

The Old Hack

I liked him, he was a really cool character. :)

Good luck with the next!

Aethereal

Nice screenshots! A true lobotomy success story.

More people should get this surgical procedure done. XD
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.