[A letter to Estellise Azimi.]

Started by Erudiche, April 29, 2024, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erudiche

Fatespinner,

Your words have occupied my thoughts since our interview, the delightful conversation that was. I have since wondered what it is the future should look like, in your view. Perhaps, without the intercession of your precocious apprentice, in the format of reason that is the written word, we might uncover something of value. Perhaps we may even find common ground?

I also wish to offer my condolences regarding the passage of Alejandro Benjazar, if you knew him well. Dear Sister Hypatia grieves his loss, and I know you are the best of friends.

And, finally, regarding our next visit: I know you prefer red wines to Baz'eel Blue, but I was curious as to what other preferences you may have? I have some nostalgic fondness for Pradikatswein, which I enjoyed in my ill-spent youth often on the veranda. It was a very sweet wine, harvested very late from the vine. It has been rare to find something quite a pleasant since, although whilst in Il Modo I did find a currant wine I rather liked. Regardless, it would please me to bring you something you might enjoy.

Acolyte Miro
Redemption! Redemption!

cmenden

Dear Miro,

Of all the available wines (and I do prefer wines) that are available in this region, I hold as strong preference for rosewine that I do not expect to be surpassed anytime soon.

If I include every type I've ever sampled, then my preference would be for the wine of my homeland named for that smallest of multi-sided polygons the humble triangle.

I'm well aware, however, that the triangle wine is an artifact of the past, thus my preference for what I can acquire here and now. I couldn't tell you much about how it was made either. I only drink wine. I do not make wine.

I didn't grieve for Alejandro's death necessarily. He had been drained of all his vigor and the Alejandro I once knew had become a hollow shell. He was a husk.

I would hold no grief at all if he had been allowed to finally be at peace, but instead, some absolute fool decided to take his body to the very site where we sealed away a djinn together.

Now his body and soul are that djinn's forevermore. There is no peace to be had for him.

Regards,
Estellise Azimi

Erudiche

Fatespinner,

Perhaps you could attend us of the Priory and learn of viticulture? It is most enjoyable. The satisfaction of metamorphosis is quite like magic. You might even serve as our Cinquefoil sommelier.

I do not suppose you will accept, but I confess it amuses me to offer. The great love for you in our Priory always surprises me, Fatespinner. It seems at times that there is perhaps more affection for you within our comforting gloom than even in the Tower.

Setting aside such things, however, we should resume our interview when the opportunity presents itself.

Miro,
Acolyte of the Sibylline Vine
Redemption! Redemption!

cmenden

Dear Miro,

Admittedly, creating wine does not interest me, but if you allow me to drink it while explaining, I will be content.

Do you mean to be interviewed by me or once more by my Apprentice and me?

Regards,
Estellise Azimi

Erudiche

Fatespinner,

The duty of a sommelier is to taste wine. It seems a fitting field for someone of your verve and enthusiasm. Do you have a well-developed palate? One must drink broadly and savor the little things. I have never known a sommelier, for instance, who was known for drunkenness.

In regards to our interview, I had meant our interview for the People's History. If you had unresolved questions from your interview, however, I would be happy to address them.

Miro Lac-du-Manse,
Acolyte of the Sibylline Vine
Redemption! Redemption!

cmenden

Dear Miro,

That makes sense. The mistake was my own.

I imagine I will always have questions from time to time as I update my records. It is important that I ensure proper records are kept regarding Ephia's Well's Divination Licenses and their holders.

I look forward to answering any questions you have about the history of the Well. Beware of Elias in the meantime. I have people investigating him for malfeasance and he has made it quite clear that he does not approve of you continuing this work for the League of White.

Regards,
Estellise Azimi