EFU attacked

Started by ShadowCharlatan, August 18, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowCharlatan

I am sorry to report that we experienced an attack on the EFU web server earlier this month by an unknown malicious party.

For safety's sake, I have forcefully reset EFUSL passwords for all players as a security measure. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Please note that it is important that all players use unique passwords for anything related to EFU. You should never recycle the same password for multiple things anyway, but please definitely don't for EFUSL or our forums. If you have reused passwords for our forums or EFUSL, please take this as an opportunity to change them. You may also like to check out https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and consider adopting a password manager.

You can reset your EFUSL password by going in-game and typing /c password your_unique_password_here

I encourage you to change your forum password as well.

If anyone has information about anything relating to this attack, please do email me (anonymously or otherwise) at sc.efupw@gmail.com

The best way we can deal with this kind of event is to ensure that it doesn't happen again, make sure everyone is safe, and also to not allow the perpetrators to dissuade us from forging ahead and having fun on EFU. It is not apparent that any major damage has been done and the vulnerability has been closed, so consider these measures as a precaution.

Finally, I want you to know that among the cool things planned for EFU as we move forward, are some much needed upgrades to our web presence.