Player Character Evaluation Tool Discussion

Started by ShadowCharlatan, April 01, 2015, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowCharlatan

Feel free to discuss the newly available system. The DM Team definitely encourages high quality players to give advice and guidance to struggling low quality players on how they can improve in their problem areas. See the announcement thread for more info.

WriterX

I believe that an important measure is missing here, and that is how many deaths the character suffers, especially if there is a high number of such deaths during a short period of time. That could be a clear denominator of low quality of gameplay. Also, I know this would be harder to code, but other PCs who could also be flagged are those that do not seem to die often during TPK scenarios (especially on quests) since that could mean they are especially cowardly, or unable to teamplay.

However, however. An even more important "tag" method would be that of previously received DM Loot, from Events or Spices. The more such loot he has or has received the more eligible he is for DM Quest Spice, since clearly he or she must had earned that loot somehow!

ShadowCharlatan

You didn't mention your current PC's quality stats for some reason, WriterX. Everyone will see them IG anyway. There's no reason not to be open about it.

Oh well. I guess it will take some time for people to get accustomed to it. No problem! No pressure! :)

WriterX

Let me check... I just tested the tool. It said:

Player Character Evaluation
Isabelle Monksblade

Cowardice:44
Lameness: 20
Stupidity: 53

Higher means better right?

Oskar Maxon

Suggestion: Make these available on efusl.

Letsplayforfun

Edited by DM Nuclear Catastrophe :  Contained erroneous information

WriterX

... How can you reduce these scores then? They are terrible!

Pentaxius

In the interest of its intended role, as an incentivizing tool, I'd suggest adding a "current trend" (i.e Increase, decrease, stable) to each indicator - or another possibility, adding a moving average or a decay factor.

It's something good to know the current standing of someone, but it's even better in the interest of its signaling purpose to know if the person is improving his behavior, or not.

Sankis

Will we be allowed to app to use this info icly? Could I, for example, app for my veteran warrior to be able to 'sense' cowardice?

whiterabbit

I think there's a bug in the algorithm SC:

Quote[Player Character Evaluation Tool]Hlahlisessil-zah's Point Readout:
Cowardice: 29
Lameness: 93
Stupidity: 60
Target for punishing spice? No.

My cowardice score is surprisingly low.  Shall I file a bug report?

boatsandfoes

hey there BaF here, just a 11/1/54 looking to meet some other players in that range. im not currently being targeted but that is bound to change.. jut wanted to say something, i think all you L=+90's need to calm down and stop hating the system for what you have only done yourself. i mean most people can agree on something, thank god we are not C=+20's. so yeah any with similar evaluations hit me up im looking for a concept.

Stranger

I know that punishing spice is meant to punish and all, but I've actually enjoyed it. I think it's incredible fun for my Underdark to be catastrophically dangerous, for our quests to bleed us every step of the way, and merciless monsters to be wriggling out of the walls.

Have I been targeted before? Because I think I misinterpreted it as reward and encouragement for good behavior.

Knight Of Pentacles

My worst fears have been confirmed.  I hope everyone is looking forward to my paragraph long rant in the returning/leaving thread.

Faux News

This is awesome. I hope to find a way to concentrate this lameness even more and eventually weaponize it for use against my enemies. The DMs will find a 8 page report on how I intend to go about this in my Personal Character Notes.

Blue41

QuoteCowardice: 36
Lameness: 11
Stupidity: 55

I think it would be good form for everyone on this board to put their scores into their signatures, just so others would know what they'd be getting into by contacting you via letter. Do I want to make a deal with a coward? Should stupid people have access to the sensitive information I'm sending them? An emphatic 'no' on both counts.