[A Letter to Isabella]

Started by Mari, June 12, 2023, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mari

[Copies of a letter are sent to Qadira, Kha'esh, Banafsi and Frostport in an attempt to reach Isabella by missive without knowing precisely where she might be in the wake of recent events.]

Isabella-

It seems you've rather a tangle and I'm curious to hear what came to pass. On the face of things such accusations seem... unexpected to have settled upon you.

I reflect being exiled by the woman you put in the seat is something of a sting, but I imagine things are rather a bit more complicated than that. I suppose I understand the lack of faith in the courts considering matters of late within them. But do write. Did the offer from Zaniah make it to Mirit ere the drama saw you away?

-Mari

Empress of Neon

*A response eventually finds its way back.*

Quote"Dear Mari,

No, the response did not make it to Mirit in time. She has instead sold herself as a fucking slave to that monster Sol Auk.

If you wish to speak, you may come visit me in Frostport.

Know as a descendant of freed slaves, I am wroth, knowing that slavery is now being embraced in that pit of vipers.

~ Isabella"

Mari

Isabella,

If I find myself in Frostport, I will converse certainly.

The local clergy of many spokes are less than amused of the affair. A priestess being traded like a draft animal is not desirable. I've yet to corner Zaniah to speak of it, or her magistrate. In time, I suppose.

-Mari

Mari

Isabella,

The involved magistrate was prevailed upon to chose a wiser course.

Not the wisest, I reflect, as it should not have come to a matter of purchase in the first place, but the wisdom of the Izdur is at times a sluggish thing, narrow of scope.

I have yet to speak to Mirit in the wake of events in any case.

-Mari

Empress of Neon