2013 - I like what I see. What about you?

Started by wcsherry, January 05, 2013, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcsherry

It has been a while since I've actively DM'ed for EFU. I returned with some new ideas, and some apprehension. The quests I ran created some large story arc shifts, and admittedly, these can make players very frustrated.

The response to these quests by the players I have been working with has been very uplifting. To say the least, I am impressed, and enthusiastic about roleplaying with you guys again.

Some great stories are unfolding, and the playerbase seems to really be 'going with the flow' of things in game.

This is all very excellent, and makes me a happy DM.

Feel free to share some things you've seen in game that make you want to log in everyday.

Let's start 2013 off with a fresh take on EFU, and a positive sentiment that thrusts us forward into the new year! =)

xXCrystal_Rose

Some of the amazing things made possible by Talir, Johannesbot and other scripters totally sucker me in. I am really all about aesthetics and customization and there is really some amazing scriptwork and regular updates that keep me interested and anxious to see what is next. As well, of course, as story development.

♥ x 5 to whoever made Death Dust by the way.

Sheer Gluttony

I think one of the biggest things I've found IG that makes me consistently want to log on is players and their characters having that "Can do" attitude.  Rather than allowing things to stagnate players seem to be constantly devising new plots and ideas of how to build/create/destroy parts of the server.  Some of the most fun i've had, especially during and post elections was simply sitting around a table plotting with people for an hour.  

In short, keep innovating and involving your fellow players to make with the awesome.

Jagged

Constant server changing PCs and DM run initiatives that bring a sense of foreboding upheaval to the setting.

granny

NecropolisV

The flavorful variety of options in which to establish a player concept and the systems to back it leave you with ever so many concepts and ideas in which to bring to the server and have tons of fun with! Every single class is appreciated in this server and unlike other servers its not just one class that dominates better than others.

TeufelHunden

People seem to have stopped sitting in the square talking about the rain. There are people out and about and they even let people know they are there to escalate conflict! Caermyn and Aberdenn have been hitting eachother left and right and the H'Balans are butting in to everything. Life is good in open conflict powder keg Mistlocke.

el groso

We have our ups and downs, specially me, but I agree with the OP! EFU is the best RPG game I've ever played, and it has ruined me for anything else out there. Just yesterday I was trying NWN2 and I didn't last 30 mins.

Also... Let us not forget donations... :)

Awesome player base is awesome.

xXCrystal_Rose

I actually don't like people not being in Mistlocke :( Server could have 40 people sometimes and it's a ghost town void of any rp to be found. There are just too many cool things out there to do and people form groups up fast! A mixed blessing hehe.

Gonewild

If I had a single complaint to make, it would be that there is so much going on that it's hard to keep up. The last three PCs I have made all walked straight into conflict pretty much within moments of character creation. EfU is just a beehive of activity these days. We are living in an embarrassment of riches.

Jayde Moon

I see Paris...
I see France...

Wild Card

Definitely liking the changes that have been going on around here; I would like to reiterate the suggestion of sending out an email to all folks who have a registered account on this board and the old one to encouraging them to come check out EFU again. Another server which I have played on did this recently and its numbers shot up from mid 20s to 40s so I think it is definitely something we should do.

Kinslayer988

Quote from: Jayde Moon;320615I see Paris...
I see France...

I see Falltower's underpants
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers