Withered Potion Loot

Started by Seanzie, January 12, 2013, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanzie

This is not a very.. entertaining idea, flavorful, but it makes the quest worthless if all the potions are withered and you are not a H'balan thrall. I feel like this would be okay for some of the potions, but not all of the loot potions...

Seanzie

My suggestion is you add a relatively easy way to get rid of the withering in the potions, so questing becomes valuable again!

granny

withered potions around??

WEEEE... at least!

Vlaid

It strikes me as fairly single minded to call all potions that might wither you as "worthless"

There's a lot of RP opportunities to be had in the small things like withered potions that people seem to often forget in favor of dismissing them as OOC burdens alone.

Personally, to me, withered potions occasionally being rewards on a quest sounds awesome. As long as it's not every quest reward ever, forever...I don't see a problem.

Valo56

Just did the gnolls quest, every potion was withered/corrupted/blighted. It's interesting, but a way of casting Remove Curse or something on them for a very minor XP penalty (5xp per potion? note: not per stack) to purify them would be nice. Maybe a consecration roll?

Lyvathar

To be fair VERY FEW people died from withering thus far.

Blue41

I agree with Valo's suggestion. Don't get rid of them- it makes sense that they're out there, but a countermeasure to them would be nice.

On the flip side, a way to wither potions would be pretty cool too.

granny

QuoteOn the flip side, a way to wither potions would be pretty cool too.

that's my dream 3 Characters ago

Sheer Gluttony

Perhaps make it so that using withered roots on potions will give them this effect and like stated remove curse can be used to unwither a stack. All in all this sounds like a very interesting addition.

granny

Shadow Charlatan, I need badly some wither on hit items...

old dream, you know