Bless Weapon Wands

Started by lovethesuit, January 22, 2013, 06:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovethesuit

This is a spell that would be fantastic in wand form. Now that Shield wands are a thing that exist, can we take another look at some other spells, such as Bless Weapon, and make them craftable?

Mr Howardson

xXCrystal_Rose

You can make Bless Weapon scrolls instead.

Lyvathar

Those would be SUPER strong. Have to agree with Howland.

lovethesuit

That was six years ago!

:(

One_With_Nature

Bless weapon wand in this setting would be very nice to have, would give rogues a chance to be useful against undead too. I would however say that the wand should be restricted to Paladin Only (Or through use of UMD).

Sheer Gluttony

Seeing as like 70% of the servers main bad guys are undead this seems like a giant power up.  Bless weapon is one of the big advantages of a paladin which makes him uniquely powerful in his own way.  Giving this via wands to every average Joe rogue or ftr/rogue or bard seems to cheapen what is a nice weapon in the armoury of a class which has many drawbacks to counter it.

Witchcraft

This seems like the sort of thing that it would be nice to have as a DM goodie, or as a single-use trinket, but not something you want in general circulation.

prestonhunt

You can blame that original post by Howland on me.  I had a paladin wand crafter, way back in EFU

xXCrystal_Rose

Repeating myself again here: make scrolls! I do remember a certain paladin of Jergal making tons of scrolls of it. It is a workable alternative, though the gold cost for the scrolls is admittedly a bit low maybe.

Mr Howardson

I made that certain paladin of Jergal, and it's -very- expensive. Worth it in the end, though.

Diz-e

There are plenty of other IG alternatives to casting the same spell. I've had no problems stockpiling those for the right moments, with any PC that's needed them.