Starting equipment

Started by Damien, January 26, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Give a standard warrior locker to new characters, imo. It would give the chance for people to have more fun tbh, dms will be able to spice more low level quests as well as giving the new chars the ability to take part in invasions and pvp. Not to mention you usually get potions when playing a prelude, why not all?

Sheer Gluttony

Not a bad idea actually, it's hardly going to be some ridiculously overpowering feature as these are still low level characters, but it does give newer pc's the ability to play some part in events from the get go without having to spam quests first.

Jasede

Would be nice if everyone got the Stargazer package. (And Stargazers got some extra healing to make up for it. Hard to find healing IMO)

Adhesive

The starting coin can already be used to buy basic healing items, and low-level quests are specifically tailored for new characters.

I don't think it needs to be changed.

Damien

Really? Most the people I know despise the grind of making a new character and having to do the slow moving low level quests, no offense. It would really add something imo, freedom to roam and do otherwise too dangerous quests.

Also that argument doesn't really work when we've already starting supplies for kill on sight subraces, loot for factions and supplies given on preludes.

Random_White_Guy

PC's typically don't start in factions. Equally Kill on Sight PC's don't always get starter kits.

90% of PC's that start out on the Ziggurat can get easily looted.

Those PCs who start in Mistlocke get the IC background of familiarity with the area, key or coin (in the past citizenship), automatic access to nicer armor from the start, etc.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Damien

90% of PC's that start out on the Ziggurat can get easily looted.

There is a rule I thought about pvping low levels?

Also you are exempt from free starting kit rwg, it is clear you are already a bane to the server by level 4 that you don't need extra gear.

wcsherry

"The Grind", as you call it, or character development as I prefer to think of it, is an essential part of EFU. If you wish to remove yourself from the process of starting out weak, establishing alliances with stronger PC's, and working to attain prominence in the gameworld, there are other games you can play that allow this.

This process is what makes EFU unique, challenging, and exciting. Character development is not going anywhere Damien, sorry.

Howlando

Very easily exploitable if nothing else.