New Player Tool for Everyone/Elves

Started by MirrorMask, February 03, 2013, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MirrorMask

Not that I am playing an elf now, but I was recounting how much of a pain it is to switch the normal key set up in order to enable your elf to walk like normal people.  Therefore, I would like to suggest the creation of a player tool that would half your speed or make you walk at normal speed.  

I feel this would be immensely useful elves in order to more quickly and less clumsily switch between running and walking as may be appropriate for role playing for them or others who feel their PC's need to move more slowly for whatever reason.

Sheer Gluttony

Keep move on W and add "walk" to space bar.  I have mine permanently set like that even when not playing an elf, it's not a difficult or laborious process.

Talir

Put run to W and walk to S. X could be walk backward. There's very possible ways of adjusting these kind of things in the settings and so no reason at all to make a custom player tool that adjusts movement speed instead.

Random_White_Guy

Also if you prefer the clicking routes: Shift + Click is walk to spot

Stealth Mode on an armored PC also is like walk mode since you have -stealth and everyone will still see you.

No need for tool.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Gnomer Pyle

i just shift click. if i'm using the wasd i need to run anyway

THEDiamondJ

Someone finally makes a good suggestion and all you young whippersnappers come along and dog it.  Some of us old folk don't know much about computers and all the different ways you can make things work.  If we start switching things around on our keyboard, who knows what might happen.

Corrigo

HalflingPower

No one likes elves anyway.

Outcast

script that deducts xp from elves for saying edan would make an awesome suggestion

MirrorMask

Actually, I have found Sheer Gluttony's suggestion most practical since the thumb is already trained to be on space by other pc games :P  it works well enough.  yes the tool isn't necessary, but i just like having something to click.

wcsherry

Sheer Gluttony's response resolved this thread. Change your controls via the NWN menu bar.