EfU:A Campaign

Started by Mort, November 15, 2009, 05:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mort

Hey there!

With a busy schedule, I cannot really take part in the efu:a world as much as I would want to, but I cannot depart from it still. To reconcile these two parts, I decided to steal an idea from the Big Chief, Howland, and begin working on a campaign, i.e. regular typical dungeon crawling adventure with treasures, puzzles, betrayals (I love those), etc.

It should be pretty fun! I dont want to take too many people so I'm limiting the spots to 8. Here is the basic information:

- 8 players/characters
 - 1 session/week , probably saturday afternoon.
 - You have to attend every session, some sessions might be moved (You'll be informed prior to them moving)
 - Your character is in stasis for the duration of the campaign. This mean, you cannot play it outside of the campaign if you decide to partake.
 - Preferable level range for startup characters is 6-7.
 - When you return, (IF you return), to the gameworld, the happenings during the campaign will have implications for your character afterward (meaning, you will be intertwine in many things!).
 - HIGHLY preferable to be in the EST timezone or closeby...
 - We'll be starting on December 1st (or as soon as I'm ready), the campaign will go on for undetermined, likely 3-4 weeks.
 - If you are part of a faction, you can still partake. Of course, I suggest you to make an alternate character so you can still play efu during off campaign times.
 - This, I will try, to make as oldschool as possible, with skillchecks being important and so on.

Alright, I will divulge more information when the date comes in closer. What is the motivation of your character to likely prepare and partake? Glory, adventure, thrill, curiosity, and so on...

[SIZE="1"]P.S. No Griff.[/SIZE]

Mort

Start date is Saturday the 5th of December.

The premise:

An halfman going by the name of Samson, rich entrepreneur from Old Port, has been scooping the alleys and taverns of the city in search of a group willing to venture within an ancient set of ruins. A first expedition was sent (large group), about a month ago to said Isle and no news have come back since. Their fate remains a mystery. News of this has reached the Ymphian Colony and aid is sought. The reward? 5000 gold coins a head with bonus on accomplishment of mission that will be divulged in person.

This Isle is part of a constellation of islands known as the Seven Deaths. It was shrouded in the fog and its dangerous, rocky shores made it inhospitable to the ships of the Archipelago until a few months ago. Sailors that came close to it report hearing odd howlings in the night sending a chill through the core of the entire crew. You'll be tasked to descend and explore the ruins below the Isle.

The rules:
 - Ideal Group of 6-8 (10 being the MAX upper limit if there is a big amount of people interested). levels: 6-8.
 - This is HIGHLY risky, for characters not afraid of a challenge. There will not be that much hack and slash, but lots of interesting roleplay situations, puzzles and dangerous challenges. (If you never had a chance to try Song of Orpheus' Dungeon or had the chance, it will be very similar in its approach except of my own making).
 - There will be rations. Food rations during the stay that means the atmosphere will be fairly survivalistic and you can't rest all the time or else you'll lack food or attract the 'inhabitants' of the isle (whatever they may be) and perish.
- This will look a lot like an old school D&D adventure.
 - This will be fun!

No need for Apps. If you have a group, send me one PM with the list of characters... but the line-up will be decided IN-game by Samson. Good luck!

Mort

Session II is in 3h30 minutes from this post.

See you there!

Mort

Session III starts soon! 30 minutes.