Started by AllMYBudgies, September 05, 2015, 12:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllMYBudgies

"Sings we the songs of beasts
Who smells fear and hunts the weakest
Sings we the songs of men
Who sees gain and hunts his brethren
"

The Gray Druid Song is a nature themed prelude that takes place in an undisclosed area of the Underdark, it will feature a desperate group of Gray Druids that are struggling to survive against a host of enemies to the fragile Balance.

This Prelude will be for serious player characters that intend to be played as a main, and will be unsuitable for throw-away concepts. It has the potential to be involved in future server wide events, and as such I would ask that players do not necessarily view to join without a serious mentality.

[hide=Information on Gray Druids]
As Taken from the Complete Druids Handbook.

The rare gray druids inhabit and tend the shadowy realms of the hidden life that exists without sunlight--fungi, molds, and slimes--and the nocturnal creatures that dwell in lightless, subterranean realms. Gray druids are more closely associated with the earth than with other elements of Nature. While many of them live in underground caves or ruins (especially in the Underdark), they are found any place fungal life grows abundantly, either above or below ground. Gray druids tend to oppose dungeon delvers, especially dwarves, who they believe defile and exploit the underground environment. They have very good relations with deep gnomes and passable relations with drow, who they feel show more appreciation of the beauty of the Underdark than most dwarves or men. But the gray druids don't always oppose surface dwellers. Suppose a maze of caverns has developed a complex ecology: fungi, slimes, rust monsters, subterranean lizards, purple worms, and so on. Then an evil wizard and his ogres move in and begin "clearing" the caverns, destroying the monsters in preparation to establish an underground stronghold. In this situation, the gray druid  might recruit a party of adventurers--not to loot the caverns (though the PCs may take the wizard's treasure) but to defeat the wizard's forces--and in so doing, save the local ecology from destruction.

[/hide]

The prelude will be suitable for any alignment, and it will be suitable for Druids, Rangers, Barbarians, (certain) Sorcerers, (certain) Clerics. You are free to apply for monstrous races, however it will be unlikely that I will hold the date and time given whilst your application is processed.

The characters involved will follow a more Underdark themed version of what is considered Balanced, and will be styled heavily by Ibrandul, Grumbar and Psilofyr in their ideals. Certain racial deities will also be acceptable.

Feel free to discuss more with me on irc (where I will attempt to remain idle for the coming few days) or hit me up with a forum PM for more information.

This prelude will be balanced with five or so players in mind, however I am open to add more players if they are serious and sincere in their desire to play their character as a main for the foreseeable.

AllMYBudgies

Thanks for all of the interest so far everyone! In regards to a date/time I'm currently waiting to see when players will be free, and will privately discuss that with those that will be joining the concept. As a blanket "it'll be this time" I'm aiming for early next week.

I look forward to the reading about the concepts that people are cooking up currently!

AllMYBudgies

Hoping to run this late evening GMT today or tomorrow. If you've yet to pm me with your concept details please do so and catch me on irc to finalise times.

AllMYBudgies

Join me on irc #graydruid today to better discuss this and the times etc.

AllMYBudgies

Thanks to everyone that came along!