Rent / Patrician Powers Bugged

Started by Meldread, October 31, 2009, 07:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meldread

My PC is a Banner Faction leader, he is a wanded patrician, has his papers, rents a room at the Kingsman, has his guild token, keys, etc.

Yet, despite all of this when I attempt to renew the rent on my room at the Kingsman, or at the Registrar's Office I attempt to buy guild keys or renew the guild hall's rent there...  the only dialog option I get is "Nevermind."

Both Dan and Daz have witnessed this.  DM's are having to help me manually renew rent, buy keys and what not...  no one seems to know how to fix it, and it's been this way through multiple resets.

VanillaPudding

This is what happens when the scripting genius Mort quits and no one else can script :(

SN

This is going to be bad. Due to the IC happenings, we kinda can't reach the Guildhouse to take out all the stuff from the Locker in case the rent will null ...

FleetingHeart

Who said Mort quit? Busy, yes, but still here.

As for you starry, You're gonna have to find someone to run the line for you.

Mort

I`m still here. I`m just an amateur scripter, yo.

My diagnosis of this issue is for some reason the int nRentID stored on Meldread's token is 0 ... or something like that. It has to be set manually by a DM to the guild number he is renting, I dont remember the numbers exactly, but it can accessed for review in the rent script based on which guild he is renting.

Out of memory, I think its`
Upper Zig - 1
Lower Zig - 2
Upper Docks - 3
Lower Docks - 4

So just set nRentID on Meldread`s character token to 3 and it should fix the issue, I believe.

I`m still curious how come it got reset ... that is a problem out of itself.

Did you try to rent any rooms for instance? -- Or had a key for any rooms on you that got confiscated?

FleetingHeart

Only thing I've noticed, is that there always seems to be someone broken now that we have 4 guild houses rented full time.

Maybe something worth looking into?

Mort

Nah. It cant be linked to that. It`s something else that is affecting it...

My guess would be the rent system for rooms is somehow conflicting with it... a minor typo somewhere makes it reset when they trigger a zone for key collection.

Box

Maybe I am reading this wrong who knows, but I've experienced this bug before too and from what I saw it is something to do with the UDC.

With two different guild halls (Docks, and when that expired Upper Ziggurat) on the PC Larry Leadows, I faced some times where I had no option to renew my rent or buy keys.

I dunno if meldread is having a seperate issues aside from the conversation that mort knows about and I do not, but I am pretty sure there is a problem with the UDC somewhere that is causing it to clear all of the options except for 'nevermind' when renewing rent.

I have heard of this happening for both guildhalls and private rooms, on a couple different PCs.

MoonlitNight

i know meldread has a room in the kingsman inn and he pays for the dock guildhouse, both.

derfo

Meldread

Quote from: Mort;151758I`m still curious how come it got reset ... that is a problem out of itself.

Did you try to rent any rooms for instance? -- Or had a key for any rooms on you that got confiscated?

My character rents a room at the Kingsman and the Guildhall (Upper Docks).  My character hasn't had any keys confiscated but due to Banner Faction wanding issues (the fact that PC's can only be in one Banner Faction) I couldn't wand Emhyr and Vyxx until later.  Emhyr had his key confiscated the first time near me... but I don't see why that would impact my character.

I'm renting the Upper Docks Guildhall and Room 103 at the Kingsman.  Both of them refuse to allow me to renew rent or buy keys.  I simply get the "Nevermind" dialog option.

sylvyrdragon

Could it have something to do with the renting of both the Guildhouse and the kingsman room?

Mort

That`s the problem. You`re not suppose to be able to rent two things at once. Either you rent a guildhouse or a room... This is probably what is causing the conflict.

It`s suppose to block you. Dang if it doesnt.

And no, it`s not UDC. Can`t be! It is the nRentID that is getting reset for suure. Not that it means a lot to anyone except me...

Cruzel

This has happened to me, when I've never rented or even tried to rent more than one thing at a time. I think there is/might be a separate issue then.

Meldread

Damn. >_>

I'm not sure why we can't rent a guildhall and a private room?  They are two separate things.  I can understand not being allowed to rent more than one private room or more than one guildhall... but why can't you have one of each?  One is private and the other is communal. :(