New Sorcerer Perk: Hex Bringer

Started by Spiffy Has, February 21, 2012, 03:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiffy Has

"Shunned and feared by society, these witches and spiteful men were born with the evil eye, when they turned their hateful gaze upon their victims, inevitably, misfortune followed."

Level 1: Bestow Curse 1/day
Level 5: Will Save+2, Fortitude +1 Bestow Curse 3/day
Level 8: Unholy Blight (The Mass Curse), Access to a special "Shop" at the Argenti Camp that grants unique sorcerer loot.

Thoughts, concerns, ideas?

Pandip

Bestow Curse?

Nononononono.

One_With_Nature

I would change Level 5 to:

Aura of menace 1/day +1 will

Relinquish

Maybe if it was doom instead of bestow curse, and 1/day bestow curse at 8.

Kotenku

Bestow Curse is not an amazing spell, and even less so when cast from an item, because the save DC isn't effected by the caster's relevant ability score. The problem I would foresee would be (a bug?) that removing the curse now [hide=potential spoiler?]may also necessarily entail a hit to the victims' experience points.[/hide]

That said, I'd question whether the perk itself lends to any sort of variety of unique concepts the way most of the other new perks do. It's not a matter of a Hex-bringer being too specific, I suppose, I just struggle to think up more than a tight fistful of concepts that it would suit. Beshabans, Gypsies, ??? ?

Further, while flavorful in its own right, the perk doesn't address the lack in versatility that vanilla Sorcerers experience in EFU, as the other perks do. As for specific suggestions I would remodel this perk as something like this:

Downtrodden

"Shunned and feared by society, these sorcerers have been too often the victims of cruelty. They are become creatures of spite, perhaps every bit as deserving of the scorn that drove them to learn hatred."

Level 1: Vampiric Touch 1/day, +2 taunt, +2 bluff
Level 5: Bestow Curse 1/day, Vampiric Touch becomes 3/day, +2 intimidate
Level 8: Spells bestow the Wounding effect on enemies struck by them, increased chance of stabilization when bleeding, Wounding Whispers 1/day