Just Desserts- William Sunderbee

Started by Spiffy Has, December 15, 2013, 02:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiffy Has

William Sunderbee wasn't so much as a Watcher as much as he was a consummate coward with an unfortunate tendency toward greed and corruption. His redeeming traits was an unshakable faith in that mankind was ultimately good at heart (even when it often failed to live up to it) and that he believed death should never be a punishment for ones crimes (if they were human or civilized etc..., monster pcs go to hell), everyone deserved a chance at redemption.

The concept outlined in his application was a Luskan thug, the son of a respected Lieutenant in service to one of the Captains of Luskan. His fathers last wish for him was to become a reformed man, staring him in the eyes before he marched off to do Battle with the Dread Empire. Just then, before his assured doom, a fated portal appeared, and he leaps toward it to find his Sanctuary. Joining the Guard, he began a career of corruption, vice, and drug use. He was addicted to about 4 different drugs, displayed open drunkenness, searched people, and event attempted to plant evidence, all in the name of material vice and his effort to keep Sanctuary safe.

He didn't disguise his loathing for the Society of the Ordered Mind, seeing their heroic crusade as everything he hated about his Father, unrelenting, disciplined, and willing to do whatever it took to fulfill their objective, even if it meant destroying Sanctuary. With the death of Sergeant Balfour, the close relationship the Society shared with the Watch was ended in a matter of days thanks in part to his paranoia, anyone who went to the Lower Dark was a possible thrall, and the Society was no exception.

While his death seemed at first frustrating and anticlimactic, I am going to have to pull an RwG on this, it was entirely appropriate. He clawed at the door that locked behind him as he fled from the group he got knee deep into shit, a foot from freedom, yet a foot to far away just as he saw the door open, death took him. The song of his cowardly ways lives on for us all to admire.

Now, Screenshots!

The End of Sergeant Balfour

Drogor Tested for Enthrallment...

Our Agents are part machine.

One of my goals was to become a renown coward, and craven. Success.

I became a spy for the Cult of Ibrandul, but used them to spy on the rebels.

To Finish the Hunt for the Sunderbee

Elves are like birds, they flock together.

One of the many times I stealthed/idled in the crone.

Even druids were not spared by stealth powers...

Courtesy of Tratzel

And finally, DM loot.

hedsik

Ah, we were about to "Get along"

HalflingPower

I enjoyed pushing Sunderbee around and walking walking into interrogations as I pleased.

He will be missed.

Blue41

=/ Sad to see him go.

Tessellate

Upon a pillory, that al the world may see, a just desert for such impiety.

Moonlighter

SUNDERBEE!!!!!

RIP lawsneak

PsionicBlast

I was happy to be towering over a thomas PC at the point of death :) Bloody coward could have lived if you didn't run.

Big Orc Man

PanamaLane

Spiffy is a shooting star, burning out in blazes of glory.