The Three Impurities

Started by Random_White_Guy, January 23, 2024, 02:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

The Three Impurities
Gausim al-Marain

In light of the Pauper Push of Nisah 23rd, a time in which the Groknak of Governance was treated as something as simple to lead as a goat, our streets have been visited upon by many. Some of malice, some of desperation, but so too some of true desire for betterment and mercy. I share this to educate, but so too to remind the Citizens of Ephia's Well that so too were you not long ago the same as they. And even, though I do not say this disparaging, many of you still are.

Gaze now upon the Parable of the Three Impurities.

The Parable of the Three Impurities
Four individuals took to walking the Great Ash Desert. They were a band of brethren and sisters bound not by birth, but by family chosen. That upon the Second Day, the Holy Day of the Baz'eel Week, they would gather and partake of mizzar and then to wander the desert in search of wisdom and answers. They would then return to their favored coffee shop to share of tale and vision, regaling their compatriots with what they had seen.

The first, a man with vigor and temper, slammed the table and quickly launched into tale before the others could even take their first sip with no regard for decorum or practice. He was eager to claim credit and share his tale.

"You would not believe my friends - Far into the Great Desert I walked. Days, nights, my battles were so many. It was divine. I was never bored, I never wanted for something as I plundered as I liked, and I never dared stop as when in battle one must press every advantage. Only then may you be victorious. After though my sixth day of marching I came upon the most spectacular sight - An Oasis.

Rejoiced I pulled from my bloodied satchel my canteen, drinking deep and full.

As the day went on I found myself miserable and woed to have stopped. But as Night came on the horizon I witnessed the most fantastic vision. Within the Oasis I saw it - Blood. A gift from the Wheel that I ought continue my marches. That I ought continue my strife. That I would welcome any contest, that I would welcome any challenge, that I would conquer and prevail and let none thwart my ambition. If need be I would spit in their very face, rip from them limb, it would be glorious."

The other three looked on impressed - a tale of violence, of treasure, of victory. It was hard not to be envious. Second though came a woman of unrestraint, and purpose, but not without her own rough edges

"Hah. While you wasted time with battle, I focused only on that which truly matters - To do what I please. To travel the roads, to get to know man of walks as I hear their tales. I found that Oasis in Three. And my friend let me tell you plain it was a Gift well and true. I could rest my weary feet and remove my muddied boots on its bank. I could meditate and listen to the winds. I could find myself. I found myself even taking a nap in the shade.

When I awoke I gazed to the oasis, and what I saw was stirring. My once pristine visage skewed. All that I had hoped for, all that I had raced for, all that I had dreamed of in my slumber dashed! /Dashed!/. One of you is responsible, I do not know who, but I shall shout it on highest and I shall drive deep a fist into your belly until I learn who sullied my hopes."

At this did the First grin, welcoming challenge, but the others recoil. There was only so much that may be done against such a challenge, so they each offered their apologies in hopes that the matter would settle. The Second gruffly, begrudgingly, accepted but kept shrewd and skeptical eye on all the others as they shared their tale. So spoke the Third -

"Ah. While you Fought, while you Raced, I took well my time. I stopped to learn of the peoples, of the ways of this land. I have adorned my self in finery, I hold property along the road, not one, but more. A beautiful shrine I have seen erected and secured in my name. I tend it at my leisure when I am not attending my business elsewhere. In due time though I too found this Oasis you speak. I came upon its Banks and it was not as you said at all - Perhaps I bested you both, arriving with short cut learned by local?

I was standing upon the edge gazing upon my reflection and I could not consider what to wash first. My boots as they fair, my gloves as they fine, my helm as it majestic, my rod God-gifted and true? So I watched and I awaited, welcoming my amassing wealth, my growing reputation, and would you not know it I saw in the Oasis my path - I would serve God, and with my Land, and with my Shrine, and more I would be charitable to all. How can one choose with such bounty to offer?"

The others Laughed, japed, continued speaking for a time. Eventually though all three took to gazing upon the Fourth. A young woman. She awaited the conversation to come to a stall and then she took to speaking.

"...I saw the Oasis. I thought of taking a drink but I smelled copper of blood upon it. I thought of bathing in it but I could see the chunks of dirt floating in it. I thought of washing my garb in it but the deep foot prints you left while awaiting what choice to make, began to have the waters spill out and drain.

So I moved the sands to fill in your boot-prints. I boiled it to remove the blood. I used my garb to Filter out the mud. And after so many days of work I sat aside it and simply watched. Smiling as it glimmered so lovely in the moonlight. Awestruck that it was so full despite the harsh sun.

...Now it is pure anew, if you wish to return tomorrow."

It was not realized as she spoke, but not just her table, but all of the Coffee Shop had stopped to listen. To stare. Hanging upon her every word.

...Tomorrow they would return. Not just as four, but as dozens.
[close]

You gaze upon the Wheel, you take its name, you offer your prayers,
but our ways, our practices, you make presumption upon.
And in those presumptions you are prepared to stake your lives,
and the lives of so many others.

It is not unlike gazing into a pool's reflection and assuming you know all.
Never feel woed to ask question, and never feel worried to learn.
It is why B'aara, the Mother, the Overgod of the Wheel is so kind.

Of your spokes, in their charitable deference to her of respect and fealty,
she graciously delegates to they the many tasks and duties that this World requires.

And when you, layman, have questions, ask of your Clergy.
And when you, Clergy, have questions, ask of the B'aarat.
And when your Spoke is absent of Clergy you can find, ask of the B'aarat.

For she is the Mother, the Creator of All, and that creation is not without purpose nor guidance.

And as her Servitors may we aid each and all of you.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips