Fuck.

Started by Disco, October 02, 2010, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayaCharacter

Caddies

Quote from: Kotenku;202476http://www.escapefromunderdark.com/old_forums/viewtopic.php?t=6217

The gist was, then: curtail it. Use it sparingly. Using it every third word is retarded, annoying, and makes me feel like I'm playing with a 13 year old.

FYI there have been numerous threads since, all with DM input, and the basic stance is thus;

'Shit' and 'Fuck' are acceptable words, but spamming them is indeed something we consider poor taste.

VanillaPudding

Quote from: DeputyCool;202459FWIW, I find "feck" more distracting than fuck.

What this man says is true.

Drakill Tannan

I always thought Feck was "Fuck" when said by dwarfs

KRUNTO

Feck is probably my least favorite word used on EfU.

PlayaCharacter

"Me" is my least favorite word used on EfU, as in "Me like to smash things." Seriously, nobody talks like that, not even among the mentally challenged.

derfo

it's not a big deal, fuck, feck, or otherwise

The Crimson Magician

9lives

GoblinSapper

I smash, therefore I am.

I will point out that the Incredible Hulk, psion of the lowbrained brute, referred to himself in the third person by his identifier. That is, Hulk Smash.

Nightshadow

Buy the all new apple iSmash now for only $19.99! It screens out all words you find annoying and our bills sent to you are larger than phone books!

Ahem... But, seriously. I laugh a bit whenever someone uses the word 'Farruk,' and I frown a bit whenever someone says 'fuck.' Now, I'm not offended by it, I've heard far worse and I don't think many people, if anyone on these forums is truly offended by it. Nor will we be corrupting some poor child's soul by saying it ourselves, as honestly, they hear far worse in public schools. Farruk is preferable to me, though, it's just more creative.

As far as it being a modern word, though... Yes, it's actually a rather ancient word, but it's still the most commonly used among all such words these days. Regardless of which bit of information you post up from wikipedia, people will always think of it as a modern word, due to how much it is used in real life.

It's just annoying, in my opinion. I've yet to see anyone use it truly sparingly (once a day at most, in stressful situations), and usually the word dots their sentences if they choose to have their character use it.

TheMacPanther

I say that it should not be restricted in any way, however if your character has a problem with swearing IG handle it IG. My pc has, on multiple times told others to watch their language and to behave themselves.

IC problems should be dealt with IC, OOC problems should be dealt with OOC.

The Old Hack

Quote from: PlayaCharacter;202567"Me" is my least favorite word used on EfU, as in "Me like to smash things." Seriously, nobody talks like that, not even among the mentally challenged.

Mesa Jar-Jar Binks! Mesa your humble ser--

*is crushed beneath 16-ton weight*