Radvul 'Redhands' Stragat

Started by The Samophlange, February 04, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Samophlange

Radvul Stragat was the son of a Community Overseer and a Matchmaker, both honorable and very boring positions within the realm of stagnation and tradition that is the Great Rift. He served a mandatory military tour of duty, after which he got into his fist fight with his father, got his nose broken, and ran off to the surface to find his own identity and a life of glory.

He wound up working as a Wyvern Hunter, part of a crew of men with heavy machines that snares them out of the skies and descended onto the beasts with spears and axes. When he arrived in Sanctuary he was fresh out of retirement, the Darkening having ruined his plans to settle down after 30 lucrative years of killing giant lizard. Shortly into his stay Byran Ayes contacted him about killing the Pride of Jultar.

It went pretty well.

But, as with every idiot who thinks that they can fight the entire world, eventually the world is going to swing back. Redhands died stepping in to face a creature truly beyond his own understanding, and found his heart stopped and his mind shattered when faced with the true horror of what lurks outside of the realm of hunters and their own heroics.

I had a lot of fun with Redhands. He was a rough and tumble sort of character but had a huge heart under it all and liked to do what he thought was right. He worshiped Haela Brightaxe for her message of killing creatures that deserve to be killed, for the glory inherent in their deaths. With his coarse language and aggressive nature I wouldn't be shocked if few people pegged him as Lawful Good!

Being such a larger than life figure at the end was a mixed bag. As fun as it was feeling the awe of his deeds at his back, I did get to feeling like he was starting to peter out. I just hope you all enjoyed having him around as much as I enjoyed playing him. It was fun trying to reach out and touch the setting a little, even if it was mostly just killing a big dumb spider and being okay at pvping one drow.

Shout out to the players of Aelynthi, Lahanis, Orrel, Ayes, and Volric for being especially influential to the PC in his actions. I enjoyed the various friendships I got to make, even the really questionable ones. Especially some of the really questionable ones.

Here's the screenshots, in a loose chronological order: https://imgur.com/a/TEth1

I'll probably putter around for a little while as I think of what to do next. Keep it real efu.

crestfallen

Amazing work.

The interactions between Redhands and Lahanis had a huge impact on her growth as a character, and I enjoyed every one of them. In particular, their little heart-to-heart in the Grotto shortly before going after the Pride made me tear up just a little. He'll be missed.

the cloak looked shit and you know it

Rookie

Man, it's sad to see Radvul go.  He was a ton of fun, and a great bro to tackle some of the bigger challenges EFU has to offer.

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Bearic

Was cool seeing him in the Grotto and just having that tavern magnetism in play.

MessengerGirl

I love cats

Twelve

Gentlemen of the Empire

I really enjoyed Redhands and I think his deeds stand as a great example. He saw challenges that most PCs would think are insurmountable and faced them down in a direct, rough and tumble way. It was great to be involved in some of his efforts with one of my PCs, even if it didn't end well for them!