Alice Fairclow, Not A Moron

Started by Ciorbă de Burtă, June 29, 2018, 04:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciorbă de Burtă

The past few months have been just an incredible blast. I don't know how Howland and Dan managed to convince me to come back to NWN after six years, but I am glad and grateful to them that they did. This was going to be one last stint, and I think it became the best one.

Alice Fairclow was quite an experience to create, play, develop and just watch, as she grew, expressed herself, and changed. I can honestly say that she took on a life of her own, and I'm very pleased about that.

I want to thank and express my love for the many fantastic players here, just blowing me away with their skill, imagination, wit and kindness. I'm afraid that I will forget to mention someone, but I especially want to express my affection for the Meme, Fitzwilliam, Stranger, Alpha, Dina, Caster, VP, Hound, Darius, Jastra, Zarquon, Wundy and the players of Velathyl and Velathia.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's the PCs of the aforementioned players that I had the most fun with and came to enjoy the most. I won't bother to list them, you know who they are, but let me emphasize how much I loved those characters and enjoyed every second of being in hearing range of them. Claire Chambers, with whom Alice also had an unhealthy obsession ICly, is by far my favourite PC in all my time in NWN. (Closely followed by MALEVIA CINDERSCOURGE, with whom I regret not getting to interact more and whom I have had to admire from afar!)

I want to thank the DMs for their kindness and supportiveness, especially given that I am officially the most mechanically worthless player in the history of EfU ... You told some amazing stories and helped Alice along in some fantastic directions, which I am bitterly disappointed I won't be able to explore. I wish I'd been able to see Alice's story through to its proper ending, but ... her WIS was too low to stay away from permadeath capers with the Linderils. >___>

I especially want to thank SanTelmo, Ironside and Samophlange. And above all I want to thank Howland for creating this dark, magnificent edifice of a setting -- Ymph, the Archipelago, and Dunwarren -- which has, to my repeated surprise, stimulated and spurred some of the most intense and colourful bursts of creativity I've ever been seduced by, this summer just as all those years ago.

I am so glad I got to experience this particular setting of Dunwarren, which was entirely new to me. Many of you have been playing it it for many years; I can't tell you how wondrous and exciting it is to discover for the first time, however.

It's going to be difficult weaning myself off the addiction of EfU, and winding that creativity back down to non-insomniac levels. And I'm going to miss you all, and your PCs, terribly.

I wish I had taken more screenshots. So many amazing interactions, dialogues, and strange, funny, unexpected, creepy and sweet situations that deserved to be documented. Months of incredible RP!

This is all I got:

[hide=The Face of the Princess][/hide]

Sanctuary endures! (Just don't seize power over it on Hammer 23rd; it's bad luck!)
The princes applaud with a furious joy;
And the king seiz'd the flambeau, with zeal to destroy.

Ziya

It's hard for me to fully articulate how much of a joy it was to RP with you. Grant's and Alice's interactions were always incredible. The hours they spent arguing. The way they kept being all disapproving of each other. The times they schemed against each other... and then have to work together! Plot each other's deaths... and then save each other's lives!

Thank you.

Pandip

Just genuinely, wildly, wonderfully iconic. I've had some incredibly good times with you over the years, but the interactions between Alice and Isolde have by far surpassed them all. Your ability to embody your character and engage the people around you is downright masterful. Every minute with Alice was a joy. I'm glad I had the opportunity to witness Alice's growth first hand through Isolde's eyes and couldn't be more happy to have shared those moments.

Really, great job. Can't wait to see what's next.

tspawn35

Even in the end Grant and Alice turned on each other to try and save themselves.

Bearic

Loved the constant plotting and maneuvering  Dame Alice Fairclow, Knight-Operator of the Order Theoferrous, and Handmaiden of Pansophia Theochalybis, continued until her death.

crestfallen

Alice was the cutest dolt Sanctuary ever did see. I really enjoyed the many little interactions we had over the months, and I'm sorry for the role my PC played in getting her dumb butt killed. :(

VanillaPudding

Fantastic as usual. Your effort and motivation never dwindle and your RP always sets a new level that most of us can only strive to one day reach. Until next time!

Muckraker

Superb character.  Alice always felt like a real person. Fantastic RP tomes in the House of Knowledge and seeing a glimpse of the inside of Alice's mind through her journal was always a good time.  I'm genuinely sad we'll never see more of them.

The Tailor

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Pig-a-dig

Great job, I'm just sad I didn't get to interact with her more!

Silvermoon_Dervish

God damn it, you were just getting started!
Yip yip

henchman93

Sadly didn't have a PC with reasons to interact with yours. But I really liked your PC from afar!

SanTelmo

Alice was a great character whom I enjoyed following and helping around with her tasks. It is unfortunate that being so close to completing what you had toiled to achieve for many weeks (months?) never came to be.

I hope to see your next character IG soon enough!
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

bobofwestoregonusa

I genuinely and deeply regret not getting to interact with you more. I really, really, really wanted too.