Sister Hope, Adjudicator. Paladin. Positivist. Aasimar.

Started by Kotenku, May 19, 2018, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotenku

I came up with the idea of Hope while reading a psychology text about why people are divided by politics and religion. I dreamt of Hope as a reconciler, someone who could befriend even the wicked, and turn them to good. A Joan d'Arc to rally a group of believers. I imagined this perfectly angelic person becoming worshipped, and personally ascending to the divine. Which is how I put together Paladin, Aasimar, and Posiivist, in a single app. I think the DMs were laughing their asses off when they allowed it, because had seriously given no thought to the mechanics of the build before putting the app in.

It was rough. I don't recommend it.

In terms of backstory, she was indeed an Aasimar of Ilmater, her sign being the constant flow of tears. Ilmater's tears, not for the dead, but for the living who must continue to suffer.
Her name, 'Hope', was gifted to her by the convent that took her in as an abandoned orphan. Salette, for the street where they found her. And for Our Lady of La Salette.

Hope was pretty quickly pulled into the Fount by Obediah and Savhoste, shortly after what's-his-name bombed the bank in the House of Trade. Same day the Workmill was bombed.

Some things to reflect on: I was not ready for the constant conflict of a paladin, or the feeling of obligation to intercede in moral dilemmas, nor the requirement of mechanical prowess to be successful. I was often stressed and annoyed with myself for failing to play the 19/20 base CHA, and the reconciler that I had intended.

It was cool being a spellsword-style-positivist, with a sword that could throw a healing fireball in the middle of a melee with undead. On my final day I got to fulfill my goal of throttling an evil undead back to death with chained combusts. Detect Evil wasn't worth the trouble it brought, though. Not one bit.

Anyway, I've got work in 4 hours, I'm going to sleep. I'll try and get some screenshots up tomorrow.

YesSirLieutenantPond

Awesome stuff, between Salvation and Cassady Gardener I've had a ton of fun with Hope from the antagonist side. The good guys won't be the same without her.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Svordaloz

The few lucky interactions I had interacting with Hope on any of my characters were always dramatic or in the aftermath of said dramatics, always towing the line between antagonistic and helpful. It's deliciously ironic that Hope managed to play both roles, in spite of just being a good soul. It was great fun, though! I hope (excuse the pun) to see more from you soon!

zDark Shadowz

Hope was a delight to be around and involved herself consistently on a day to day basis (from my perspective.)

petey512

Hope was a great character. I'm sorry to hear that she may not have been as enjoyable to play as you'd intended.

I'd hoped she and Vick could have future talks but alas it was not to be. :S

"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Ciorbă de Burtă

Another iconic and well-played PC. I greatly enjoyed our interactions! Hope as a person felt very realistic to me, and that's something I consider the mark of an excellent RPer.
The princes applaud with a furious joy;
And the king seiz'd the flambeau, with zeal to destroy.

ErrantryWar

A fantastic character that struggled daily with the troubles of attempting to see the best in people. Even evil people. It was always a blast.

Godspeed you brave fool.

https://youtu.be/JxPj3GAYYZ0

Twelve

I am sorry she caused you so much headache. 

She was a fully flushed out PC, and it was obvious.  Well done.