Winifred Blythe - The Doctor is Out.

Started by Runic, January 01, 2022, 08:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

She had simply sought to retire, to venture inward, watch and report on the Count. But drawn back to the Ward by the deaths of two good friends, Tolinar and Gonzo, she returned to preach tolerance once again, and was again ignored. Her words wasted, she turned defeated, and walked back into the deeper Rings. Maybe one day to return, but likely not. She had seen her fair share of death.

Winnie was my first proper character in EFU. I'd tried EFU before, a long time ago, back when Ticker Square was around. I played with some IRL friends who stopped playing after a while, and so I stopped playing too. Lannister (our good pal Manfred) was actually one of those IRL friends. Recently, we were talking DND and he was catching me up on all the cool lore of EFU and I thought 'Hells why not give it another go' ... and like an addict offered that sweet, sweet morsel, I was hooked. I created a few throw-aways just to get a feel, but eventually I settled on Winifred Blythe.

When creating Winnie, I just wanted to make the most non-combat character I could, to simply enjoy some roleplaying. I had wanted to try a detective rogue, a lot of Winnie's skills were actually Spot, Listen, and Search, but I had a lot of points in Heal, as a detective would need to know how someone had died. Healing was going to be a lower priority, but then things obviously escalated when on my second day of playing her, Aaron took a massive dose of Bloodshot and almost died. It was super fun, my first real 'big moment' of RP (and I got a sweet coat out of it, thanks DMs <3). This event also led to her most famous trait, of being a physician, which she just accepted as due course.

I honestly didn't expect Winnie to survive the mirrors. I was ready to die to shades in the basement. I was ready to get sacrificed in the Mirror of Sacrifice. I was ready to get crushed by the giant hand of the Vizier. I want to emphasise, Winnie has 8 Strength and 10 Constitution. She was not built to fight anything. But she had 20 Wisdom for the longest while (19 after she died in the event to retrieve Ojo), and so she took to offering counsel and wise words, and somehow for this this was made Mayor of Little Ticker. A position that was fun, but the logistics of which were way out of my scope to achieve.  I retired, hoping Tolinar would do a better job, and then simply logged off of Winnie, leaving her spawn in 91 (a mistake for anyone with 8 strength, 10 con, and no allies to help you get back). I began a new character, having more fun, actually being decent in combat, and hoping to simply have Winnie's fate left unknown. But then Gonzo and Tolinar both died, literally both of them in front of my new character (a curse maybe? who knows?). So I had her come back. Just to try and establish some relative peace ... But while peace is a novel concept, it's also not very fun.

So she's gone, for now. Maybe one day she'll come back. For now, she's gone to find her peace.
Also ... Spoiler Warning: [hide]I believe Winnie was the first person to take out a contract with Xiv. A future plot-point maybe, but otherwise, just a little insight into her character. She was True Neutral, but she'd do anything to protect the people of Little Ticker ... Anything.[/hide]

So Doc Blythe, or Winnie, or whatever you liked to call her, has ventured away. Maybe she has her neck slit by Rubies as she goes, maybe the Count enthrals her, or maybe she's just gone with the wind.

Astra

Oh man... she was really cool, definitely a good first character.  I hope she'll be able to find what she's looking for.  :'(

FirewoodFito

Gonzo had nothing but true admiration and respect for the Doc. And, had the Doc asked of him, he would have followed her to wherever she might have led.

A very engaging character, Runic. I'll be right here to witness your next.

(Also I loved the conversation that we had with your other character before everything else went down, but that's perhaps best left for another thread)

Lamia Sabachtani

Very cool PC that I loved interacting with - you are a very good RPer. Sorry to see her go. Look forward to your next!

Runic

Thank you for all the kind words  :'( Y'all are so sweet. Honestly, very wholesome RP community. Even for the amount of shady shit and murder that goes down, y'all remain such nice folks <3

FirewoodFito

Anonymous Lemur

A good character. I had hoped someone would eventually figure things out, but alas they didn't.

Caster13

I only got a chance to see Winnie from a distance and in fairly sparse amounts but I could easily tell she was still a great character.

SN

Oh, my.  What an excellent first character!!