Soft Hearted

Started by Not.Him.Again, April 06, 2009, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiaring

That's why you gotta BE RUTHLESS.

Amirite?

No, really, just remember, no matter what you do, it's just a game. I have a lot of trouble with that, but it's really the only advice that can be offered on this.
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

Ebok

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Depends on how immersed I am when the events happens. But then . . . I have just as hard time playing good as I do evil.

Gippy

I feel that as long as I offer a choice -- kiss my feet and go on your way, whatever -- then I can kill people without guilt. killing people out of the blue or in circumstances beyond their control has always left a bad taste in my mouth. Winning, and losing, can be a fun part of a story and that is what I aim for when I engage in pvp. It has taken me a very long time to get a sense of this though!

Caddies

I am confident I always PvP when its warranted and I do it in good taste, so I seldom feel guilty unless I really like the player/PC I am killing.

Not.Him.Again

To be clear. The specific instance was well done and fun for all involved (I believe). I wasnt broken up about it afterwards. I just felt a tiny bit bad lol. I was just curious if that happened to others on occasion as well. :cool:

Winston Martin

I regret following Meldread's explicit instructions on a hit.

Ommadawn

I am such a softy.   :(

TheMoonlightBecomesYou

How I feel about it is this; I dread the day my PC is PvP'd, but it will likely happen. I will be mad, and I will be mad at the player, and not the character. It will pass, but it will still happen.

I don't want others to be mad at -me- which is why I'm so nice. I don't think I've ever PVP'd someone to death. :s

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I feel bad whenever it happens. So I rarely FD a person.

I FD someone, I feel guilty.

Mort

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Howlando

Embrace conflict and a natural conclusion to characters, always try to subdue before FD, try to tell a good story, and remember it's just a game; for both you and the other player. Is it more fun to lose a PC to conflict with another player, or because you got bored? Or because some mist ogres killed you in the wilds?

I understand it can take a little to get used to this.

I can has fun?

One time a couple of years ago I FD killed someone and I felt bad about it. I sent them a tell explaining that I felt bad.

They started laughing at me.

Anonymous Bosch

Wait on top of the ziggurat and destroy every character as soon as they arrive.
You might feel guilty at first, but persevere!
The feeling will certainly fade in time.

MexicanGunslinger

No, really, just remember, no matter what you do, it's just a game. I have a lot of trouble with that, but it's really the only advice that can be offered on this.

Hear hear