Captain Ronus Maydur, Faithful of Clanggedin

Started by Vax, June 29, 2018, 02:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vax

Not exactly an incredible character, but I had fun. I was just starting up something maybe with the Guardians of the Advent thing, then the allure of a DM lead quest showed up and IC reasons kept on old battle hardened cleric of war from running and saving his skin.
  He was an old dwarf in his three-hundreds, military through and through. His wisdom and service and as a clerical officer in the military softened him a little bit, though it would seem counter intuitive. He fought many battles alongside many different folks and it had tempered the normal dwarven prejudices. Often put in charge of recent recruits he adopted a somewhat permanent fatherly nature, though never had kids of his own. Then the sun went out, and the gods no longer answered his prayers with their might. His clan fell apart into civil war and squabbling. His failure to guide his people as a man of faith lead him to exile himself and wander the dark.

Then he found sanctuary, where he did his best to lead battles the way he used to. But he was still a cleric (lvl 7 at his peak) so his talents for it waned compared to true warriors. It did not stop him from preaching his faith in battle and fighting under Clanggedin Silverbeard's name though. Along the way he made a few comrades, suprisingly mostly elves... but they were stalwart battle companions and for that they earned his appreciation. He was trying to make a name for himself, as he began to create the Guardians of the Advent alongside the sentinels, but he reached too far for glory and died trying to sacrifice himself for his battle companions.

It was a good, albeit a tad short, run thank you folks!
Signed,The old dwarf in the square

Random_White_Guy

Really enjoyed our few (albeit brief) encounters! Good luck on next
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Twelve

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

I liked this guy a lot in the times we interacted. Kassava felt god awful for him being dragged down with them. She thought they just got him pointlessly killed, but she was young and didn't fully understand the perspective of an old dwarven vet opting without regret for great battles with comrades, even Elven ones.