Elspeth

Started by Aefar, March 08, 2014, 05:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aefar

Elspeth came from Beluir, capital of Luiren.  She was a member of an elite unit of "The Defenders of Beluir". Her unit was assigned to protect an  emissar on the way to Calimshan, when the dread attack came. The unit  was scattered and lonely Elspeth found one of the portals to the  Sanctuary.

The first steps were marked by gratitude to the  sanctuarians for the rescue. Elspeth tried to be a conscious citizen  helping spellguard, auxilliarity and watchers.

During this time she made positive relationship to the dwarven engineer  Toigan Strongdata and Auxulliary Alexei Ivanov. She seemed to her brave  and clever and was glad that she can work with them.

But something went wrong and Toigan with Alexei were turned to  criminals. Elspeth always makes her opinion by listening to both parties  - and her sympathies remained on the Toigan's and Alexei's side.

Expedition into the bowels of machine were now led by agent Epps and  auxilliary Obrist. Both of them were too fanatical for Elspeth's heart  and she began to see Sanctuary as a despotic oligarchy under the control  of selfish agents and their fanatical auxilliaries who desire only for  power.

Once she was a witness of the conflict between Epps with Obrist and  Toigan with Alexei. She didn't help Epps and Obrist and they scolded  her. She felt insulted and told them, that se was neither their soldier  nor their slave and that's why she will not help them to attack innocent  people.

They asked Elspeth to leave Sanctuary and never return and proud Elspeth left Sanctuary.

After this came the period of uncertainty and seeking of friends. She  tried to become familiar with the people around the Lower Sanctuary and  its tavern, but they were not symphatic to her good and kind soul. And  they often disregarded her. She left to the caves around low roads and  tried to find allies in the "wilderness".

Living in such places was really dangerous and Elspeth was two times  hard injured (by spiders and troglodyte). But she learned better and  better how to live there and how to avoid combats... or how to turn her  athetic and fighting abilities into her victory. The main experience was  that for winning is very important to know well her enemies and  fighting grounds. So started her scouting of "wild caves"... slow and  patient.

During this time she met Shakti, who tried to lure her into their  community called "Boons of Moldmire" under the control of the fey  Tuthalek. It was a tempting suggestion but she tried to check every  information. Not many people knew much about the Tuthalekans, but  finally she met Ceres, Steward of the circle.

They had long discussion and after this Elspeth came to her new home -  Shroomstalk forest - to live there and to help Ceres and Circle to  protect life against abberations and Tuthalekans.

Elspeth was not officially excommunicated from the  Sanctuary, so she has been visiting it time to time, mostly for the  purpose of trade. Now, she didn't meet Epps or Obrist for months, so she  is often visiting sanctuary. In the eyes of sanctuarians she is perhaps  citizen, but in her eyes she is only a guest, traveler and trader.

She doesn't tell anybody about her relation to the circle and she never interferes into the things of sanctuary.

Soon she became a guardian of Stewards of the Ark, one of those who fought against Tulathek. All the time she was a secret agent of the Circle within the Sanctuary creating "The List of Shield Dwellers" containing list of most important inhabitants of Sanctuary, their relations to the circle and several almost psychological profiles (I believe that her best profile was about Abala).

In best situations there were no time to make screenshots, but here are several:

FROM EVERY DAY BATTLES

HOME

FROM THE WAR AGAINST TULATHEK

AFTER THE FINAL BATTLE

MY MOST FAVOURITE NPC

MY MOST FAVOURITE LOOT

THE END

Pandip

I loved her dearly. You were great to have around when we wandered about. Elspeth felt incredibly genuine and was a fun, if subdued, take on a Guardian.

gravekeeper

Wait! Wasn't she immortal? Damn!

I would be so proud if I had managed to bait Elspeth with Shakti.

... what a difficulty and slimey fish you were, Elspheth... impressively immune to assassin vines.

Aefar

She is immortal... she is not dead, she is thrall :)

The Old Hack

I only saw her off and on but she always left me with a feeling of quiet competence and of someone who had more to her than it seemed. Even so, I am amazed at just how much more there was to her than it appeared.

Good work :)

tala_kai

Ohh I'm gonna miss her :(

Cool PC!

LiAlH4

She was fun! Loved her end.

TheBigX

Damn.  Another blow to Team Nature.  Well done, I always appreciated my moments with her.

Aefar

Thank you, team. This is really cool and kind from you ;)

SN

Elspeth was an absolutely brilliant PC.

I hope you received all the attention you deserved when playing her, as she was definitely worth it. I love characters that actually 'feel' alive.

I really enjoyed the conversations she had with Eoghan.. esp. those that touched well.. moral stuff.

See you on the flipside.