A letter for Rajo, the Wandering Blade

Started by zerotje, May 06, 2024, 08:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

Dear Rajo, Wandering Blade,

It is Nathaniel Blackvale, the proprietor of the Real Souk of Salt & Spice located in the Real Ephia's Well (aka the Creep) writing you.

You are in rare possession of a spacious room in this domain and I desire it, because I have a bunch of Goods-filled crates I need to setup somewhere, and where else safer than what you presently occupy?

Of course I understand you'd not do so for free or out of the kindness of your heart.

So name your price, be it weekly, a percentage of my stall, a one-time fee.

By the way do you often frequent the Creep? How many of it's interesting denizens would you say are your friends? Just curious since I haven't seen you, I've got a couple spies, couple bruisers (including the feared killer of Alejandro, the Osric Locke) and couple more friends.

They'd all be happy if I can stash wares! Since the more I earn, the better I can pay their wage! Makes them *even* more loyal.

Looking forward to your offer. Have a fantastic day.

Nathaniel Blackvale

Morphine

zerotje

Rajo, good friend,

this is a pressing matter for me.

Please consider the many friends I have in the Creep who wish nothing more than my prosperity.

My offer to you is a fair one.
I don't intent to live in your home, I need the space for storage for my most enterprising and successful stall that will undoubtly have it's coin flow to you, and others of the Creep.

NATHANIEL BLACKVALE

Morphine

[A scrawled letter left in the shadowed lane of Mugger's Dream..]

Blackvale the Disgraced,

I have long watched over this den for one who has yet to return from their travels. Many risings of the sun have passed since I've heard word or sign from them.

I am willing to act as a good host to you and your companions, yet in truth I have little need for this den, and your pleas have spoken of your great need.

This blade of Dervish will shed the burden of what he no longer needs. For this is the Way and I ask for no coin in return.

All that I ask is for you to act as good host to another in need of its shelter, for the day when a humble wanderer finds their weary feet at your door.

May your horizons become footing,
Rajo the Wandering Blade

zerotje

Rajo,

You might have a difficult time believing that I would without trouble play host to weary guests.

Even if only in business, I am certain many guests shall grace this humble abode.

I have no trouble paying you coin, but since you refuse it, next time in the Windblown Camp, I shall pay sizeable tithe.

Let us meet whenever you are able and complete the transaction.

You have my earnest gratitude. I owe you a favor.

NATHANIEL BLACKVALE