Opportunity

Started by Caddies, January 07, 2010, 04:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddies

I am giving the opportunity for any historian/scholar characters to be rewarded with a custom DM quest for them and their friends if they were to pursue and complete a history of recent events, beginning with the earliest rumours of Ixpadia's claim to the throne and ending roughly where we are now. It has been a labour of love for the DMs to conduct what was essentially a very long plot that changed the face of the server. However, we sadly appreciate that we haven't done as well as we can in communicating the events/motivations/characters to the playerbase and the effects they all had on the gameworld, and so rather than writing our own history (which we are willing to do, if need be!) we're giving players a chance to first.

Basically, whichever PC writes the 'best' history of the recent plot and does most of their stuff IG (such as interviews of key people, etc) will be massively rewarded. It is thus basically a competition, and the prize will be quite worth it (beyond the respect and appreciation of your DMs and fellow players). I understand most players don't have the time/energy/interest in writing a history, and that's fine, but I thought I'd throw this out there for those who do like to flex their creative writing muscles.

PM me on IRC or over the forums here if you intend to take on this admittedly large task so we can watch how you go and even help you fill in the blanks along the way!

Good luck.