Vulcren Chaoenen

Started by Red Moon, April 12, 2020, 01:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Moon

Hello friends.

Vulcren is dead. And the cycle is complete.

Many of you probably didn't know him, or only knew him because he was sort of like this weirdo who happened to be lingering on the edges of every gathering or conversation. Well, that was intentional! For those interested, Vulcren was a duo concept with Drink With Me, of two brothers who are each others keeper. So it's only fitting that they die together.

Story

The brothers V were raised to be hunters of both shapeshifters, and magical beasts. They were abused often, and taught how to live based on quite high standards and expectations. As a teenager, Vulcren was  severely harmed during one of their hunts, and his face and throat were severely wounded.  It was a popular opinion that he would likely die from it, but he happened to live. As a result, his speech was impaired. Every word like a painful rasp, which most PCs believed him to be heavily diseased. And his face was horrifically marred. So much so, that he was given a mask to wear over his face, so he might spare people the burden or distraction. Big shout out to the DMs for making me a flavor item to help me immerse.

Vince was the mouth piece for the two. He was the magically gifted, and a bit of a glass cannon. Doing high damage, but quite vulnerable to attacks.
Vulcren was the intimidation. The brawn who carried most of the supplies. And he didn't do a large amount of damage, but he could take a hit. He was meant to be the shield.

[hide][/hide]

Developement & Goals

The brothers joined a house in effort to strengthen the support of the Ward as a whole. They were tired, old men and only really put their asses in the fire because a shit ton of people got wiped out by the Nothing, and they felt it was their duty. Originally, the plan was to begin hunting changelings for moderate reward and reputation, but that didn't happen because others had a lot of directions they all wanted to go. And that's okay! It doubled nicely with their need to see the younger generation flourish.

As an individual, Vulcren was made to understand other spectrums of horror ever present in the rings. It's something I actually sort of looked forward to him doing. I also would have liked to have tried to ring run. I think he would have been alright at it. So lots that I didn't get to really try or do, but that's okay.

Screens?

Only really have one from the Boom Blade Tourney in Ticker. But it's a nice little pic of the brothers.

[hide][/hide]

Connipxions

Well done for creating this story and thank you for sharing it.

RIP!

Ruul Velstra: Some madness is fine. Madness is important. But not... /that/ much.

Drink With Me

Was fun playing along side you and taking part in their story. Hopefully the old men spurned the hearts of the youth to get crackin and that screenshot is awesome!
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe