Favoured Enemy Bonuses Not Working

Started by Bong Serpent, May 14, 2019, 07:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bong Serpent

Favoured Enemy Human's examine mark does not work like rogue examine mark, making it relatively worthless.
Favoured Enemy Half-Orc does not provide an additional +1 vs human, and instead offers +1 magic damage vs orcs.

https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Ranger#Favored_Enemy_Perks

Paha

Hey, as suggested here: https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=5652.0

I'd like you to provide as much information as possible if you want us to look into things more closely in timely fashion.

Bong Serpent

My PC name is Ciriaco Acciai. I am playing a Lawful Neutral Ranger/Fighter multiclass with six levels of ranger.
I do not receive the addition bonus ab and damage vs humans on my combat sheet or in the combat log that I should be getting from my Favoured Enemy: Half-Orc. I do receive the bonus damage (but not AB) vs Orcs that I should be receiving as per the wiki.

I also do not receive any text from the examine player tool that I otherwise should be receiving as per the examine mark page of the wiki.

Paha

For one, I believe the bonuses do not stack with similar bonuses.

As they come from technically same ability (favored enemy system) and are same type bonuses, they do not stack. The best one is used (which is exactly same as the other). This falls into nwn's technicality and is part of the design, otherwise stacking those would likewise provide bonuses that cannot be matched by any other.

The examine mark only provides some basic details to non-rogues, which is not much per say.

There has been talk about editing the examine mark a bit at some point, but it is not high in list of priorities as there are many bigger things in the works.

Bong Serpent

That makes sense, but shouldn't I still get the bonus damage vs humans?

Paha

If they are same types, they don't stack either.

Bong Serpent

Even if one is only ab and not damage?

Grouch

Used to stack, got nerfed doesn't anymore.

It was really really strong previously when people took Human and Half Elf or Half Orc or Half Elf and Half Orc to just lay waste to humans and some think, way too good.

Examine mark really only works well if you are a rogue.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Bong Serpent

This should be updated to reflect in the wiki, then.

Or rather the wiki should be updated.